Reviews: How Does You Bike Ride In The Snow/wet

Mc Lovin

I was out riding today in the snow, and my back break was nearly none existant, so I decided to do a bit of natural on some rocks close to my house since it was far too wet to ride street, and it just hit me that its not summer anymore, It's cold and snowing. So how does your bike work in the cold, rain and snow, I don't just mean break pads but tires, Grip's and pedals. And if in the cold anything on you bike ceases up or works less well in the cold put it down.

I have got:

plazmatic CRM pads (warn in) on a light grind and it just didn't lock at all.

Hope Mono, 1 year old which need's a bleed, and it worked better than ever.

Creepy crawler tires front and rear which are running low on tread and they worked very well.

Monty foam grips, which didn't budge on the bar but got very soggy.

DMR V8 pedals which worked amazingly.

Cheers guys :P .

I have found that my bike performs really well in the wet, my tyres, creepy crawlers, are really grippy and don't slip.

My grips are monty foams and they don't move, just get a bit soggy.

My brake pads are OK but they could be better, i have toxin reds, on a smoth rim with a little tar(when dry), soon too be a grind though.

My pedals are really good in the wet and dry, they are Onza shindigs and they are super grippy.

Hope I help.

Ollie

my bike doesnt leave my house if it is soaking wet let alone snowing thats just mental!!!! Because theres a layer of ice under it which isnt so forgiving

My set up at the moment is pants and even with a grind my brake wont hold

How do the Toxin Reds hold?

mite try a pare soon- Simpson

my bike doesnt leave my house if it is soaking wet let alone snowing thats just mental!!!! Because theres a layer of ice under it which isnt so forgiving

My set up at the moment is pants and even with a grind my brake wont hold

How do the Toxin Reds hold?

mite try a pare soon- Simpson

They hold quite well, on a smooth rim with a little tar, but i have not tryed them on a grind, but when you take the tar off, when it is wet, they aren't to good, but they mite be with a grind, when I get one I will let you know.

Hope I help.

Ollie

you can get red toxsin pads from trials-uk.co.uk for 10 quid including p+p, was wonderng what they were like as i need some new pads because im still running standard magura blacks!

ive got a reasonably worn highroller which doesnt hold too well in the wet and some cheapo pinned platform pedals, great in the dry but as soon as they get wet the powder coating makes them as slippy as ice!

grips are just tioga mushroom grips, lovely and soft, dont move much.

any tips on the pads would be great, but im not to keen on a grind or tar if i can get away with it

cheers

i found that in the cold magura oil kinda foze and they didnt work so well, so i used moterbike hydrolic oil, it worked a treat!!! nd in the summer i use maxxis high rollers nd for the winter ive got a nokian gazzorilli (i think thats how u spell it) jr it works really nice in the wet and even in the snow!! but they're like £40...but proper nice and flat not rounded.

ive got a pair of silver flat drive peddles, by far the best peddles ive ever used or seen, wet or dry or snowing and there realy lite and each tooth bit is replaceable!!!

and it just hit me that its not summer anymore

DUH!! :) :lol:

neways.

I have, CC's tyres (rear is brand new and front is nearly fully smooth now) work VERY well in icy and all conditions.

Onza shindig pedals, always work good

Rear brake is always shit lol (ATM) 1 plaz pad, one heatsink yellow on a very dead grind which the rim has been ground 15 times and has been dented 8 times and cracked and bits sticking out everywhere :P

:D

winter ridin is all bout a grind with a hard pad

i dont tend to ride in the wet and it hasent snowed yet but if you do ride in the wet and you are confident with your brake then why not when i ride in the wet i take more precaution because i do not want to loop out.

this way your riding with improve same as:

ridin in the wind- you ride in the wind (like strong winds) then you try and keep your balance and when it comes to a non windy day then your balance is better because you havent got a force pushing you all over the place

ridin in the wet- take your time and precaution and you can do so much better in the dry

also the ferret challenged me to keep my balance on the backwheel without hoppin and no bake brake this will increase your balance so much and nice little party trick aswell

i found that in the cold magura oil kinda foze and they didnt work so well, so i used moterbike hydrolic oil, it worked a treat!!!

if you put dot 4 or 5.1 oil in your maggura hit yourself... then get it re-bleed with mineral oil as maggura seals dissolve in dot oil :) it happened to a mate (don't know why he did it i warned him enough times) an he had to replace his rear brake :santa:

joshywa :)

Edited by joshywa

My bike is currently working a beast in this wet and cold weather and always has.

My rear brake just doesent let got until you let go of the leaver its a beast, I am using one koxx brown and a koxx yellow.) My front brake is shit though but still does the job.

My pedals just dont give grip i am using base.me any grip but i am getting dmr v8s after i have got my new echo 06 wheel.

Overall my bikes works mint int wet.

Also just wondering is it me or does any else like riding in the wet and cold the most, i do because i think it is more of a challenge. :)

DOM

my bike seems to be alright in the crap weather

harsh grind and heatsink blues on back, very slight grind with same pads on front. no problems at all with brakes, very strong, even when the wet gets on them

only thing that lets me down in the wet is front tyre, panaracer fire xc pro, bit on the slippy side :)