Makeing Your Own Trials Parts

Mr_Clean

It's not really possible to make parts such as forks, hubs etc. It wouldn't be cost effective at all, You would have to spend hundreds of pounds designing it, manufacturing it, testing it and probably replacing it after about a week. But parts like pads can be made with testing and the right compound, Thats why people are doing it, In the long run it would save you a fair but of cash.

i was just woundering if anyone has tried to make there own trials parts.

No I havn't really tried to make any. (Y)

Edited by tom_wilko

a bit of sense and know how, and its pretty simple

im currently making a few frames-long term project atm as im really busy right now (Y)

made boosters, brake adaptors, and things like that-all worked fine and didnt cost hundreds for production....(unless you include tools, of which ive spent loads on-but thats cos i need them for other things)

customising/bodging is what most people are into on here-which is just as fun (Y)

if you want some simple projects-try making your own lever blade, bash guard, booster, tensioner and if you have access to a lathe=perhaps little things like a top cap :)

its always nice to make your bike individual-and having your own custom parts makes a nice talking point for when you meet new riders :P

i've managed a couple of things a brake booster, 1 bash guard from sratch, turned down middleburn bash, mod magura brake lever, and a chain tensioner all worked or working but i do have a lathe and a pillar drill which help getting materials is the hardest thing i've found. though i'd throw in some pics. adam

I made a booster and a bash that worked well, when i can get hold of a welder i'm gunna do project frame which should'nt be too hard as i can just cut the bb and head tube off apollo's or the alike to get correct diameter.

Kieron

Edited by onza kieron

frame building is a lot harder than you think............... you cant just pick up a welder and weld tubes together... a jig is needed and if your planning on welding the frame yourselve, then you are going to want to TIG weld the frame, tig welders are very expensive................................. ours at work cost £5000, for a miller tig set

ash

there are people who have made custom parts like my mate ross hes made his brake booster and tarty made a frame and my mate flower hes also wanting to design a frame.

if you have the time money materials patience then why not

id love to have a custom frame made for my use

be something like this (at the top of my head)

czar/xtp headtube bit

vinco tubing (both tubes together)

45mm bb rise

zoo python seat tube area

385mm chainstays with the rear hanger on the inside of the frame

and horizontal dropouts if possible

1100wheelbase

what you think like i say thats off the top of my head

if i see this frame made i will sue (sp) or you can give me a frame or sponsor me for free