Introducing...

planetary1

The Toxsin mod is longer than the 06 Monty. And yes the elastomers are good for absorbing side impact but are even better for absorbing vertical impact. The proof is was in the testing.

Still haven't really sold the idea to me just by saying that :closedeyes: If you could explain with diagrams that actually proved your point it might be better?

dia.jpg

As you guys can see from this diagram, the toxsin mod frame is able to let the rock sit into its grasp resulting in an excellent holding position.

The other frame will simply wobble and slide to the side of the lowest part of the rocks shape.

Another advantage of the toxsin bash guard is its strength. This is due to the fact that the bash guard has massive vertical thickness where as normal bash guard only has a few mm.

toxsin_20_111.jpg

toxsin_20_1091.jpg

adam

Edited by shop@merseytrial

I think that bash idea is awesome - fair play for beating some of the bigger companies to it.

The frame itself doesn't look great, though. The sticker design just shouts Wal-Mart or something to me (cheap n tacky). Get some sleeker sticker designs going and it might improve the look.

Good luck with it all, anywho.

I think that bash idea is awesome - fair play for beating some of the bigger companies to it.

The frame itself doesn't look great, though. The sticker design just shouts Wal-Mart or something to me (cheap n tacky). Get some sleeker sticker designs going and it might improve the look.

Good luck with it all, anywho.

thanks :P the real depressing thing for me is that you have Wal-Mart in England...

I think the bash guard idea is quite good, it makes sence to me, and i can see how it will work.

Grip should be improved massively.... as for side inpacts, those plates look beefy, people should learn to ride thier bikes properly and not tank into things so badly anyway.

Stock bikes manage with thier whole underside exposed.... and no shock absorption, so that design should be an improvement.

If the bolts are screwed into the actual metal of the frame, isn't it going to make it more likely to shear/bend the bolt?

bashbolt.jpg

Green line showing direction of force from hitting the bash in the way most people will.

Light grey line shows how the bolt would have to move, and the red line showing where it's gonna be go from being firmly held...

dunno what everyone is complaining about. its inovative and makes a nice change. if i rode mod then i would rather buy this over other frames. also it doesnt particuly matter if its got a 998mm whellbase, oh no its 47 mm shorter than a zoo therefore its goin to ride crap.

ill give you lot a big well done for trying to be differant (Y)

Just a question about the wheel base.

Monty say theres is 948 or something, which is completely wrong, its about 995. I read on OTN that you said this frame measures up at 953, so have you measured it wrong like monty, or is it actually that length with wheels on?

Either way, i love the feel of a monty, so if its about the same length, then it should feel gravy.

If the bolts are screwed into the actual metal of the frame, isn't it going to make it more likely to shear/bend the bolt?

bashbolt.jpg

Green line showing direction of force from hitting the bash in the way most people will.

Light grey line shows how the bolt would have to move, and the red line showing where it's gonna be go from being firmly held...

that diagram is not at all accurate. First of all there is only 4mm of space between the bash plate and bash mount so in your drawing the bolt would have to be much thicker, and therefore much stronger, plus there are 4 of them---the bolts aint gonna break

that diagram is not at all accurate. First of all there is only 4mm of space between the bash plate and bash mount so in your drawing the bolt would have to be much thicker, and therefore much stronger, plus there are 4 of them---the bolts aint gonna break

Sorry, should I have put "Blatantly not to scale" on the drawing?

Ah well, never mind. There was more I was gonna say about it, but I can't really be arsed. I've gone way past the point of wanting to buy one so I can't really be bothered any more.

Why post THE SAME pics 3-4 times in the same thread?! :ermm:

http://www.observedtrials.net/album/data/5...xsin_20_104.jpg

You really need to get that sorted out, you need someone with steady hands to do that. :lol:

Anyway, really don't like the frame and as others have said I don't see what all of the hype was about.... :ermm:

Thats a really innovative design, loving the new directions their taking things.

I'm a bit sceptical about the bash area, although the design is nice, im questioning if it will hold out in the long run? will this frame be a success?

dunno what everyone is complaining about. its inovative and makes a nice change. if i rode mod then i would rather buy this over other frames. also it doesnt particuly matter if its got a 998mm whellbase, oh no its 47 mm shorter than a zoo therefore its goin to ride crap.

ill give you lot a big well done for trying to be differant (Y)

958mm actually.

Just a question about the wheel base.

Monty say theres is 948 or something, which is completely wrong, its about 995. I read on OTN that you said this frame measures up at 953, so have you measured it wrong like monty, or is it actually that length with wheels on?

Either way, i love the feel of a monty, so if its about the same length, then it should feel gravy.

Very good point.

monty_geometry.jpg

As you can see there, the WB is measured from the closest point, so if toxin have done the same thing the WB could be 40mm more? Making it nealry 1000mm, sounds a bit better dosn't it?

Its just the stickers I dont like now

Look at the Toxsin stock bikes, they have a few different colored stickers. Sivler, black, grey, thsoe kind of colors. I'm not sure, but I guess you could get hold of a set of these and put on the frame if you like.

As you can see there, the WB is measured from the closest point, so if toxin have done the same thing the WB could be 40mm more? Making it nealry 1000mm, sounds a bit better dosn't it?

That's a pretty freakin' huge assumption though? Bearing in mind you're still limited to where the brake mounts are (like with the Zona - long dropouts, but not a huge amount of positioning available?)?