Oh Frames!

Whiteboy

ok curently riding a old pure 1060 with ddg cro mo forks. iam looking to get new forks and frame. now was originally looking at the cotrol 05 short with control forks. but now have been offered (damn you prwn) a t rex. been reading a few post from a while back and the opinions on the rex seem good but was now wondering if theyve changed now all new frames have come out. so what they really like. inm pretty short but find my pure quite cramped. so which frame to get any suggestions? also forks which to get? what would pures ride like on a rex?>

cheers tom

Again, I agree with the others on this one.

You'd suit a short control very well, but i would save that extra £30 and go for the 05 version as it looks the business and has an intergrated booster which is a nice extra. :)

However, if you would like to save some money, a T-rex would be fine, personally i don't think you are too small for it. After riding Ross' Toxin for a couple of days i found that extra length did not hinder me much at all, in fact the opposite.

Anyway, the Control forks i believe are 415mm in length. They would work nicely with both frames i think.

As for BBs, I use an FSA one, available from Tartybikes (Although i'm not sure they have them in currently). Its under £30 and still going strong. :P

Cheers,

Alex

In the last year or less I have had:

1065 levelboss

Curtis

Pitbull 1085

Hifi

And now a control ('04 1065)

I changed frames so much because I couldn't find what suited me best, I was sickened with all the others I bought but I am in love with the control... and its cheap as chips. Doesn't seem like it will break and is just a nice length. I am running pure forks with a 100mm * 5deg truvative stem and try all bars and its lovely!

Control feels proper!

looks like control frame then! im preety sure that the control forks are same as pures just shorter in length. should be all nice. just going to save up a lot to get the whole cabuddle.. also maxxis minion st 2.5 or the new hansventure thingy? also truvative long 128mm bbs where from? which better fsa or truvative?

cheers

Yeh, as every body has said, DEFFIANTLY go for the 05 control, at £280 it is an absolute bargin, and i think it would suit u down to the ground Tom.

The control forks, i will deffiantly recomend, at £70 they are VERY good, i have had a set on my bike now since april time, when i snapped my fattys, and these forks have taken quite a beating in some of the stuff i have been doing, also as they come with vee mounts or 4 bolts aswell as a disc they are more versitile than the HiFi forks (which i would love :P ) The disc mount is also the uprated 9mm thick one, which is much better than the previous shitty thin one, they are also only 400mm long, which is awsome, as short forks are much better than anything else on a bike.

As for the BB's, Tartybikes have the FSA 128mm one, but it is £45 as i fond out when i killed mine, it had lasted a good 6 months though, which i think is pretty good for a BB that has to carry a 18stone rider around. I have not had experiences with the long truvativ ones.

Adam

Edited by Bigman

I am running another of the 128mm FSA's as it was the onlything i could get quickly (good ole tartybikes) tis a tad expensive at £45, but all long BB's are damn expensive.

Um, i am not sure what pure forks would ride like on a control, but i see no benefits over the controls at all, especialy when the controls aren't realy much heavier, my set weigh 770-780g which is damn like for a set of forks, and especialy with me hammering them into stuff :P also the beasted up disc mout is soo much better......

Just get the controls and be quite :)

Adam

PS: i don't realy like the ride of long forks on any frame, that is why i have the controls, they are even shorter than the echo urbans, also in my opinion they are just as strong as the urbans.

Edited by Bigman