Weird Hs33 Question

joshywa

hey i was looking at my HS33 last night and remembered someone posting that they'd blead they're one with WD40 and got thinking how hard it would be... i looked on the botle to find out whats in WD40 and discovered that its made up mainly of parafin (Y)

any way i asked my grandad if he would help me blead it with WD40 when he told me parafin is what radiator fluid is (the radiators in your house not car) ... this got me thinking what else can you blead a HS33 with e.g.

petrol

parafin

meths

ect...

so will some one tell me if any of these (or any you come up with) work or do they kill the seals on the brake (Y)

can bleed em with nearly anything really although most things do nacker your seals over time ive ran water in mine for a year and a half before with no problems, i know people who have ran it for 2-3 weeks and had to get new seals im currently using water i swear by it now (Y) but yea almost anything really the thinner the better to a extent i was gonna bleed mine with petrol the other week but decided not to lol

hey i was looking at my HS33 last night and remembered someone posting that they'd blead they're one with WD40 and got thinking how hard it would be... i looked on the botle to find out whats in WD40 and discovered that its made up mainly of parafin (Y)

any way i asked my grandad if he would help me blead it with WD40 when he told me parafin is what radiator fluid is (the radiators in your house not car) ... this got me thinking what else can you blead a HS33 with e.g.

petrol

parafin

meths

ect...

so will some one tell me if any of these (or any you come up with) work or do they kill the seals on the brake (Y)

hi hows it goin i once bled my hs33 with water :P when it burst an a comp and obviously it wont wreck your seals and if you break bursts ti wont naff up your pads........good luck.........steve :P

hi hows it goin i once bled my hs33 with water (Y) when it burst an a comp and obviously it wont wreck your seals and if you break bursts ti wont naff up your pads........good luck.........steve :)

i hav'nt done it yet thats kinda why i put up this post just incase (Y)

hi hows it goin i once bled my hs33 with water (Y) when it burst an a comp and obviously it wont wreck your seals and if you break bursts ti wont naff up your pads........good luck.........steve (Y)

i havnt actualy blead it yet i stopped before bleading it to check if it will kill the seals (kinda why i made this post :) )

thanks

for the help so far

My rear HS33's just had as fresh water bleed recently.

Feels really nice.

Surprisingly enough, it hasn't frozen yet. And it's left in my garage overnight, which gets really cold!

Edited by Dan6061

has any one tried using a 2.5 wt fork oil, im considering using this due to the fact that mineral oil was making my pistons return too slowly............. due to my newer hope braided cable......... then when i bled with water it was lush.............. apart from freezing over whilst on a nite ride...........

ash

hey i was looking at my HS33 last night and remembered someone posting that they'd blead they're one with WD40 and got thinking how hard it would be... i looked on the botle to find out whats in WD40 and discovered that its made up mainly of parafin :ermm:

petrol

parafin

meths

ect...

so will some one tell me if any of these (or any you come up with) work or do they kill the seals on the brake :ermm:

my house has water in the radiators as do many others...

unless you are using old school gas heaters that burn shell suits!

my house has water in the radiators as do many others...

unless you are using old school gas heaters that burn shell suits!

WORD!! I thought all houses had water radiators?, But i'm just an ignorant gayboy so ignore me :ermm:

Edited by deanie-b

his radiators are heated of the back of his wood burner (old fashioned i know) thats why they are blead with parafin (Y)

has any one done it with petrol... flamable i know but its thinner than oil???

Edited by joshywa