My Eno

Barbara Logan-Price

Thats because ENOs come with a thick blue grease for there bedding in process. You need to take it apart and give it a clean out and then they run louder and better. :lol:

just to be clear, exactly which kind of grease do you use when you put it back together?

just to be clear, exactly which kind of grease do you use when you put it back together?

You don't.

Grease in the freewheel makes it more likely to skip. When the bearings a new they ooze grease into the freewheels gubbins. All you have to do is open it, and give it a good wash out. Then put it back together again.

The idea is you open them when needs be.

That's why they have replacement parts on offer.

Opening it wont void any warrenty.

not lubing it might though - i'll read the paperwork.

ta very much :lol:

Edited by poopipe

running a freewheel dry is f**king silly unless your name is ptee wrghit and don't.

always use lube kids. seriously.

Why?

It might wear down the pawles slightly quicker, but nothing noticeable surely.

"always use lube kids. seriously."

thats sound advice even out of context

LOL out of interest who does? no dont really reply to that....

I think running it dry is a good idea, even though in theory it isn't :huh: You could send it back under warranty i suppose

id say it is just because your so small and when your riding you dont put loads of force into pedaling,

No. Really. Like I've said in almost every post people have made about Enos, ever, unless you strip them after about a month of use this'll happen. The grease from the sealed bearings oozes out (just like headset sealed bearings), and it gets onto the pawls. This means that the springs have to work harder to push the pawls out, so it's more prone to skipping. Therefore, even a half-arsed job of stripping it will bring great benefits. Fully removing the pawls and springs and cleaning their little bays makes it work amazingly well. Also, to eek out a little more performance, bend the springs out a fraction so they return a little stronger. I did it to mine and it hasn't skipped since.

Enos are a piece of piss to strip. Can't remember who it was on here, but they added me to MSN and were all worried about doing it, but when they opened it they realised it really was as easy as I'd said - the pawls and springs are excellently seated, and it's sealed bearing, so it holds together really well, making stripping it a doddle.

If Alex isn't super competent with a screwdriver, hammer and an old rag, then someone else should probably do it, but yeah - it needs to be done.

well today i realised it was the chain it was a very interesting ride matt hudson would just laugh well we did at first we were riding partz decide to back wheel a wall forks snapage he landed on the floor with the handle bar still in his hands then we were riding (partz pushin) i thought my eno skipped but the chain fell apart (Y) lol so it was an interesting day