Frame Geometry - - - Whats Your Ideal ?

IOLO

IOLO i totally go with what your geo is, BUT maybe +20 on the b/b. but apart from that, that geo is very similar to a levelboss and a kenny belaey ;) and i personally wouldnt change my kenny for anything. it feels tops.

Waynio.........................

it would be interesting to view peoples opinions on 20" specially with their being so much out there to choose from................

To get the overall picture I'd suggest adding some info on the Stem and Handlebar geometry too. This is often the least well documented though!

Here's a suggestion for how you could look at some the relative position of your hands and feet on the frame. Place your bike on some flat ground stood up straight and run a tape measure up to the centre of the BB. Do the same for the centre of the handlebar tip. Do these measurements for both sides to check the bike is propped up vertically. Take the BB from the handlebar to get the vertical distance that your hands are up from where your feet are.

If you had a wall to touch the front tyre up against, then you can also measure the horizontal distance of the handlebar ends relative to the BB as a datum. Again, measure from the wall to the BB from both sides (to check bike is vertical) and do the same for the handle bar tips.

The interesting info that drops out of all this work with the tape measure is the relative postioning of the two interface points you have with the frame, your feet and hands.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...