Frame Geometry - - - Whats Your Ideal ?

IOLO

it would be greatly appretiated if people could post what they think there most ideal frame geometry is.

this will probably be based on bike you have owned and others bikes u have ridden.

wheelbase?

rear end?

BB height?

head angle?

for example i think mine would be about....

WB - 1080 mm

RE - 380 mm

BB - +10 mm

HA - 71 deg

i woudl like 26" 24" and 20" please

24" may want to include seat angle or top tube length, if you like running a saddle.

thanks alot,!!!

and remeber the frame doesnt have to exsist.

iolo.

Edited by IOLO

24"

I loved my Leeson (1040 with a tight (74) head angle) but I've got an Ashton now which is much shorter (1025 with a slack (72?) head angle) and it feels goooood. Not had a chance to play at gaps (dodgy shoulder at the moment), but for bunny hopping and spins it feels lovely. So I would definitely be tempted, for an all-out street frame, to have

+25mm

73*

I don't think that seat tube/top tube length is that important - it's not like you actually use a seat when riding so where it is is pretty irrelevant :)

Although I've not had a chance to ride a 24" with either a higher or lower BB than +25mm, or one with very different rear end length. So I wouldn't like to call it "ideal" at the moment :P

What you got up your sleeve then Iolo?

Wouldn't the centre-front measurement be best though? Or something similar, just 'cos of the way that the geometry will be affected by fork length and so on...

Anyway, for geometry for a mod:

WB: 1040

CS: 362

BB: +60

HT: Not really fussed, but maybe 72?

24"

So I would definitely be tempted, for an all-out street frame, to have

+25mm

73*

Tee hee, that sounds familiar! Thats almost exactly the same as my Leeson, except I think my BB is +20!

Its still the only trials bike I have tried (I would like to try a long low bike) but I like it! I think I may prefer a slightly higher BB and a touch longer perhaps, but I do really like it the way it is :)

~Gaz

Tee hee, that sounds familiar! Thats almost exactly the same as my Leeson, except I think my BB is +20!

Its still the only trials bike I have tried (I would like to try a long low bike) but I like it! I think I may prefer a slightly higher BB and a touch longer perhaps, but I do really like it the way it is :)

~Gaz

Thats very similar to mine, save for the fact that my bb is +15. I love it that way, suits me down to the ground.

24"

+15

20"

375/380

+55