Trials In The Near Future

lankyri

ok had a little convo with ian the other night about where the sport is going personally i think it will expand and i want it to be in the extreme sports advents etc,

as for the bikes we have seen many changes to the frames and conpoments eg longer lower frames high +bb different colour pads lol but whats next do you think

what kind of question is that, thats like asking if anyone on this forum can predict the future >_<

No, if you think before you type then you would realize that hes asking for what you think will happen to trials in the future, he even gave an example of recent changes!

Anyway, I think that soon trials bikes will reach the limit as far as correct geometry is concerned, and it will be down to better rider technique. Trials being as small as it it is at the moment (in comparison to other extreme sports) does not get much media coverage which is probably why there are so few riders. I'm not sure whether this will change, But hopefully in the future there will be some form of trials coverage other that the forum, and the extremely rare television coverage (Blue Peter :S )

;) sorry didn't meen to hurt you're feelings don't cry :blink:

I dont think it hurt his feelings, and he was just correcting you and basically telling you to think before you type.

Well i think as more people get into the sport and it gets more popular components and bikes will become cheaper and more companies will start making trials frames, or new companies will open. I also think it will get to a stage were its physically impposible to sidehop any higher than what somebody like CLS or Benito ross can do :D

Edited by Jules

I also think it will get to a stage were its physically impposible to sidehop any higher than what somebody like CLS or Benito ross can do :D

TRA? im sure he has out-sidehopped them? :ermm: (definatly CLS!)

I wanna see more trials parks and places, and ALOT more comps and stuff everywhere accross the world. i wanna see it go world wide and every country to just try the sport...

Poeple who have been riding for a year in the future will be alot better than people who have been riding for a year now.

Thats pysically (not saying totally) impossible.. cause you can only learn at a cetain rate...

I recken a few technological things will change.

disks will get more refined, small thicker rotors will be used and calipers could be part of the frame. Also wheels will be one peice to get rid of spoke flex.

Tubless tyres will become the norm.

Different materials will be used such as carbon and thermo plastic.

internal geard hubs that were tough and reliable will be used.

some things wont change though, mods will still suck and everyone will get sick of me saying I hate mods.

I recken a few technological things will change.

disks will get more refined, small thicker rotors will be used and calipers could be part of the frame. Also wheels will be one peice to get rid of spoke flex.

Tubless tyres will become the norm.

Different materials will be used such as carbon and thermo plastic.

internal geard hubs that were tough and reliable will be used.

some things wont change though, mods will still suck and everyone will get sick of me saying I hate mods.

Pretty much Ali, you better get away from me with those 26" wheels else I might have to slit yours first :) 'yano..

Mat

Thats pysically (not saying totally) impossible.. cause you can only learn at a cetain rate...

It may be now but a few years ago everyone thought bunyhopping 44inches on a bmx was impossible (jus' an example, jus' watched the BMX backyard jam comp video) but now people do it. Humans evolve an stuff.

Also as trials gets bigger more people get into the sport so more prospective CLS's etc. Just think there could be people out there who have the natural skill to be THE BEST but have never heard of trials in there life....

Max

Id like to see trials featured more in the media and become more of a known sport. The downside to that would be the tits that will jump on the bandwagon and cause grief.

Cant see frames and components advancing too much more for the time being. Technology needs to advance 1st! Also cant see prices dropping much more as shipping and material costs arent going to be reduced.

O and more dedicated trials parks, either at established skateparks or on their own in accesible places