Sections Vs Drops

p...koxx

Interesting topic here mate, i would have to say i have also noticed this, but at the end of the day i think its because they want to look the best they can, i would say they could add in some sections and make the vid a little longer but its all to do with what the rider can do really.

So keep a look out to see if anything changes to do with the vids, i'm sure someone will make the perfect vid your looking for.

Rob. B)

ive seen 100's of peoples posted videos on here, and all make awesome viewing, but i have noticed they are nearly all about drops...gaps and front taps...

there are hardly any, if any, sections of trials invloved...

i was just wondering why this is..??

is the appeal of a 6foot drop, 6foot gap, or a 6foot front tap greater than a rocky trials section??

I'd rather see the front tap any day!!!! :P But seriously it can get boring just watching comp sections, street trials has more creativity rather that just riding a set out course.

would you want to see someone fumbling round on rocks using the crank arm and spend time getting ballence trackstands 2 wheeled stuff or just someone going up a huge rock huge sections are dull to watch in my exp. not like you can put them to music or out

i think sections are better to ride! for videos i think a good mix is the right thing. big drops are good to watch in moderation and even better when backed up with nice flowy sections. not nesercarily natural but not just up or down. it needs to be up down left right forward back all in one section!

i know that there was an nbr video with some sections at portland, not all videos are gaps and drops and taps, there are some street videos that have sections on street. i do stuff like that quite alot, i find it a good laugh if ur with some mates and make out a section in the street. especially if everyhting is soaking wet (Y)

If you think about it, most people have a lot more good street / urban areas near them, unless they live out in the country, the nearest thing to me is about 9/10 large boulders placed outside my local Aldi store. so for people to make a good video with a range of different locations on natural sections then they're going to have to get to these places, and when you want to make a video in a week or two it'll be hard to find the time / places. which is most probably why the majority of the videos you watch are street, besides personally i think big gaps and drops are more exciting!! (Y)(Y)

Mike!!!

Watching someone roll over some rocks bores the utter shite out of me (such is a typical natural video). However, comp videos such as Koxx Days (where there's a speed trial) or where pallets/skips/cotton reels are involved are awesome viewing.