Whats The Best Pads For A Grind?

fubarpatsharp

ive got away from tar cos it pissed me off

so ive gonna for a grind but im finding really good pads hard to find

ive had some old koxx bloxx browns hardly wore any but didnt lock well enough

im running some heatsink test batch pads, light grey colour ones, they work ok but have wore quite alot in a month not bad pads at ll, they dont always lock perfect all of the time though.

not sure what pads to buy next

any ideas???????? and comments reviews

ive got away from tar cos it pissed me off

so ive gonna for a grind but im finding really good pads hard to find

ive had some old koxx bloxx browns hardly wore any but didnt lock well enough

im running some heatsink test batch pads, light grey colour ones, they work ok but have wore quite alot in a month not bad pads at ll, they dont always lock perfect all of the time though.

not sure what pads to buy next

any ideas???????? and comments reviews

Koxx bloxx with a grind and a little pinch of tar should do it. (Y)

And the koxx bloxx are made for a grind.

Rob. B)

Yeah ive never like dmy crms much at all, best brake ive ever used was my avid 205 mm rear, held on aything (Y) .

like the sound of the heatsink reds and coust too.

im trying some koxx blues atm, ill give em time to bed in and get back to you all

CRMs are good, but not in the wet. My koxx browns have been perfect, they last for aaaaaaages and my brake has been holding and biting well, with a nice sharp grind. Sure your grinding right? and what rim are you using?

Edited by Nozmeister

I think Koxx browns are the best to be honest, nice sharp grind and set up well and they'll work a treat, used a pair of mine for around a year then gave them to a mate and he used them for a few months before they finally wore out...

I tried koxx reds and they work pretty well in the dry but shite in the wet, they wear down quite quickly aswell.. some days they work great and others i might aswell not have a back brake...

deffinatly use koxx browns!

i got tarty bikes dude to grind my rim when i brought it

i said i was running bloxx browns to he gave it a harsh grind

it doesnt seem sharp to the touch though

i might try and sharpen it abit soon

a friend has the same pads it works well with his setup

got a friends crms on the side they feel quite good to probe but abit soft i have to see how well they work on his bike

i dont ride in the rain so im not that bothered about wet profermance just bit wear life really, to many stacks in the wet to ride

I am actually suprised with the amount of people who reccomed the plazmatics....I dont think they are that great, especially in the wet.

for decent braking you cant go wrong with

coust

heatsink reds

koxx bloxx greens, reds, blues

i totaly agree the crcms are crap in my opinion you wil find that alot of the people who say these pads are amazing havent realy tryed alot of pads or have different veiws on what a good brake is, in my experiances i have found that koxx blues are the best pads on the market i have tryed alot of different pads and different setups and nothing realy compares to these apart from koxx greens, they are the first pad that i have actually brought another set of what is unheard of for me .. the wear rate is awsome to i cant remember how long ago i got mine and there is still atleast 5 mm left of them. the bite and lock is so outstanding on these pads and these pads give you such a confidence boost in your riding as you can realy releye (yes i cant spell sorry) on your brake.

Cheers

Pauly

The new Heatsink reds as james said, they are fooking awsome pads.

Mine have only worn around 2mm in around 7 weeks.

They are ace on a dead grind, and are amazing on a sharp grind!

My grind has worn right down now, and needs a new one, but i was riding in dirt, wet and mud yesterday, and it still gripped :mellow:

im really impressed with the pad combination im using at the moment, 1 koxx block and 1 plazmatic crm, seems to work all time and this is on a dieing grind, worked really well in the wet yesterday aswell.

I am actually suprised with the amount of people who reccomed the plazmatics....I dont think they are that great, especially in the wet.

for decent braking you cant go wrong with

coust

heatsink reds

koxx bloxx greens, reds, blues

My coust pads were absolute s**t, so i put my plaz back on and my plaz are the greatest pads ever :D

Tom.

The absolute best pads are Heastsink CNC backings, combined with the coust pad material. Ask Janson, Peter Backgren, and myself as to how good the pads are, regardless of the quality of grind or rim. They're fantastic.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=68980 There's a video of me using the Coust + Heatsink pads in there. :)

Mike.

My coust pads were absolute s**t, so i put my plaz back on and my plaz are the greatest pads ever :D

Tom.

Tom they whernt that bad to be fair.

But as mikes said i think for the coust pads to be super awsome they need the cnced backings to kill all flex.

Ians coust pads where pretti good he ran the same set up as you just on a dx32 not a hog rim.

And with ur plaz you have used tar, well when ive been with you you have soooooo there gonna work whatever with that on :rolleyes: .

Edited by samthebiker

Im working my way through various pads at the mo.

Ive tried the zoo's - these were good untill i got a fresh grind. They then died v fast!

Currently got plazzies on. However, my grind is going, the pads are worn and although they lock well with the wheel moving forwards, if the wheel is rolling back, they are starting to slip.

Next up is either the koxx pads or the heatsinks