Fatmike Video 5

Phatmike

Just finished my new video, it's a bit different to my usual vids.

Was just me, one afternoon, on my own, with a tripod, at the doctor's surgery in Malvern Link, threw it together this evening.

4:26 long

44.2mb

Link: http://tv.isg.si/site/?q=filebrowser/Fatmike Then Fatmike5.mpg

I'd like to know what you all think. :)

Mike.

Three things:

1. f**king awesome vid. Really, really liked that. Just sorta captured the whole feel of it pretty well, and it worked really well without the music. If it had been any longer it might've pushed it a bit, but it was spot-on lengthwise (not the first time you've heard that :-" ). The over-all concept was awesome though, and the riding was really great too. Seems like you're developing a really nice style now. Oh, and another thing, really liked the clear sorta sound. Just did it for me for some reason.

2. You're a whore though, 'cos I was planning a similar-ish idea (with the camerasweep) for a vid I was hoping to make soon. Fag:p

3. It would've been better if you'd give me the material for one Coust pad. Fact.

But yeah, awesome vid. Best one I've seen in ages, pretty sorta inspirational...

That was the fastest made, yet best video i've ever seen posted on trials forum. Riding was good, but not amazing, Editing was good, but not amazing, spot was good, but not amazing. But everything went together so perfectly it was just like TRIALS.

Really loved that vid.

Ian

Edited by flipkickbs

I didn't like it.

I just found it a bit boring and repatative. However the riding was top notch as usual, but the filming / editing didn't do it for me. :closedeyes:

Ditto, the perpetual piercing noise of the brake really got on my nerves which was a shame, because I liked the editing and the riding was good.

I really liked that - it looked like you were going round in circles all the time.

I also like the squeakey noises and lack of silly music.

I'm definitely going to steal those ideas if I ever get my camera out :P

the only thing missing was a dog chasing a sheep

um -

4.5 out of 5 pies

Really cool idea and nice riding. Good work. However I would say you want some music - You ain't Felix, you can't ride with no music ;)

I'm gonna watch it again. Oh and those hops backwards onto front wheel are really hard, I've been trying them for ages but I can't seem to get them. I'll have to watch you closely and nail them.

As tomm said, you cant really pull off the no music style of video. But other than that it was good, riding was cool possibly a little stop and go at times. I prefer a bit more flow, but each to his own :) Did you not think you sounded weird when you listened to yourself? I know I would :ermm:

Really cool idea and nice riding. Good work. However I would say you want some music - You ain't Felix, you can't ride with no music ;)

I'm gonna watch it again. Oh and those hops backwards onto front wheel are really hard, I've been trying them for ages but I can't seem to get them. I'll have to watch you closely and nail them.

lol, what are you talking about he was so silent with those taps :ermm:

Those back to front things I learnt the other day, it was more to avoid a car than anything really, I learnt them by rolling to back wheel on the edge of a curb then just throw your weigh over the bars and your bike backwards, kind of slams hard on your wrists sometime though.

The video was pretty neat, liked the moves, reminds me of me riding a bit, alone,wet, not great place to ride just thinking up tricks and lines to do on the little I have. But seriously you look like you've lost a hell of alot of weight? I can't see the whole Fatmike thing sticking for you much longer :P no-one will know who to look for at rides.

Good video (Y)

Olly.

Yo mike, I thought the vid was good, but it lacked something but i'm not sure what.

The style of the vid was good and the angles and editing was also good. But something wasn't there to make it 'great' and before you say, its not the lack of music either! :P

I like the whole panning idea, that was really good. :)

Riding was sweet too, but maybe a bit too long, and the whole camera on wall and only being able to see a few inches of your tyre did wear a bit thin, but other than that, not bad fatty. (Y)

:P

Glad most of you liked it, I wasn't really sure what to make of it myself, just thought I'd do something a bit different to my usual style of videos... I'm glad it's got mixed opinions too.

what brake pads are u running? because i want some! lol

As Mr Heatsink said above, 50mm Coust Pads, in Heatsink CNC backings, which I'm exclusively selling together, give me a shout if you want some. :)

Mike.

very good mike (Y)(Y)

It was weird, kinda creepy with the weird noise when the camer moved.

You dont see many people doing that backwards hop to front wheel either, I saw jez aivrey doing in mbuks getta grip, so I had to learn it!! its pretty fun :)