Not Been Riding In Ages

Synergy

hey ok well i havent been riding in ages (as most of my mates stopped and been busy with college work and gf)

but today iw ent out on my first ride in ages. i met a few new riders also but anyway the point in this topic is i suck now lol.

i couldnt do a gap from a brick to another birck :( actually brick height, i shouldnt be addmitting it but iw as just wondering is this the usual and anyone else had this experience?

im soo tired and ma head is thumping and my muscles ache but i dont care i lvoe riding soo much and wanna go out tomorow :)

I have never given up before for a long stetch of time, but yes this is very normal everyone gets it all you have to do is keep up riding and the pains will go. Ask any new rider that has just started but rides loads they will tell you the banging around gives you a headache.

p.s well done on coming back to trials its the best sport ever :)

I have never given up before for a long stetch of time, but yes this is very normal everyone gets it all you have to do is keep up riding and the pains will go. Ask any new rider that has just started but rides loads they will tell you the banging around gives you a headache.

p.s well done on coming back to trials its the best sport ever :)

Yep, aches and pains everywhere, was having touble backwheeling two pallets...been riding a couple of weeks and it's all coming back now (slowly). Bear in mind I had a 5-YEAR gap :P It's like I can remember all the techniques and how it should all feel on the bike, but it's getting my body to actually DO it that's the problem. I think I just ain't got as much power as I used to have, but it's building up again slowly.

Hey man i know how you feel :(

i quit for about 15 months, all my own fault really, women and money. (N)

Started again on properly recently and its so so hard to get back into it. There is so much i used to be able to do without thinking twice before which i am now struggling very very hard to come close to doing, its so frustrating.

I get a lot of aches in my hands and my grip is nothing like it was before. And as for fitness, well thats just gone down the drain.

All i can say, as i did with a ride yesterday, is push yourself more than ever, it comes back to you very very quickly. (Y)

hey ok well i havent been riding in ages (as most of my mates stopped and been busy with college work and gf)

but today iw ent out on my first ride in ages. i met a few new riders also but anyway the point in this topic is i suck now lol.

i couldnt do a gap from a brick to another birck :( actually brick height, i shouldnt be addmitting it but iw as just wondering is this the usual and anyone else had this experience?

im soo tired and ma head is thumping and my muscles ache but i dont care i lvoe riding soo much and wanna go out tomorow :)

Try stretching before you go out.And let me know the next time your going out cos im sick of always riding on my lonesome all the time not that will help you with your aches and pains.you up for loch dantelchaig with me, ben towler etc this saturday.the more the merrier.

Try stretching before you go out.And let me know the next time your going out cos im sick of always riding on my lonesome all the time not that will help you with your aches and pains.you up for loch dantelchaig with me, ben towler etc this saturday.the more the merrier.

yeah im up for it but i have an ice hockey match against dundee stars at 9 (spectaters welcome :P) but im no where as good as i used to be on a bike ask duffis we were in stitches at the stuff i could do. :(

I couldn't do f**k all when i went out today, pissed me off quite abit aswell. It's was like i was riding someone elses bike. :(

yeah you keep getting frustrated because you know you should be able to do what ever you are trying but you cant actually get it?

i keep stalling on gaps and drops think am gona have to work height wise and build my way up again :/

I'm finding this topic very interesting. Not once have i wondered how it would be like say in 10 years, will some of our skills be preserved? Is trials a lifetime skill (balance and so on). Dunno how it's like not to ride for a few years, but it sure must be frustrating. It's probably a bit like learning to switchfoot?

I'm finding this topic very interesting. Not once have i wondered how it would be like say in 10 years, will some of our skills be preserved? Is trials a lifetime skill (balance and so on). Dunno how it's like not to ride for a few years, but it sure must be frustrating. It's probably a bit like learning to switchfoot?

You jump on a bike, after not being on one properly for 4 years......

You know what you have to do in your head, but your body wont physically do it, it's the most frustrating part of starting riding again.

It happened to me yesterday trying to get up a wall to bashguard, I kept throwing the bike infront of me too far and by the time I got the bash on the wall (height wasn't a problem) my arse was dangling over the back wheel just pulling me back........ I got it once, of about 20 tries...... :(:$

:$lol didnt no how long you were planning in staying there.

Frustrating as hell. Indeed. I'm having to work up from scratch (and I do mean scratch - sidehopping up 1 pallet...I was up to 2.5 after a couple of hours earlier tonight) and constantly drive myself further every time. But at the same time I'm trying to nail certain techniques perfectly before moving up higher/further. It's also interesting to discover things you'd forgotten - e.g. up til yesterday I was wondering why I was never making it to backwheel...the take-off never seemed to feel right. Then I just realised I wasn't getting enough power down through the pedals. Hence, added about 1/16 of a pedalstroke more into the take-off...voila, I could do it properly. Frustrating thing was that after I realised that I always used to do that, I'd just completely forgotten it.

It's always the Little Things...

Blah, I'm rambling.

As an old bloke coming back from a foot injury, it's taken me months to get back into riding my trials bike, and I suck. I was pretty rubbish before, but it's taking me ages to get the confidence back to push it, as I keep wondering if them bones will go *snap* again. :sick:

I've been riding my playbike to get my fitness back, and to try to get the strength back in the foot, but trials puts additional demands on you I find. Being trials fit is a different thing to just being kinda generally fit (or might just be that I'm old and creaky).

Plus you actually have to ride the bike, and not just ride through things with it :- ...

Edited by monkey_pork

i know how you feel, i havn't been riding in like 5-6 months 'cos my bike was out of action and i kept on saying "i'll ride when i get me new bike", saving for uni's used up all me money so the old one's just gonna have to get fixed, had a go the other day and i can still front hop but i suck on the back wheel lol, i've been going the gym so i'm hoping that when i start riding again i won'y ache too much

Mark.

Alright mike, lol, that was funny on saturday you just couldn't do anything and you never stopped complaing about you aches and pains (i know where you coming from) but you need to get out more and why don't you try phoning me some time mabye.

Cheers Thurston

Alright mike, lol, that was funny on saturday you just couldn't do anything and you never stopped complaing about you aches and pains (i know where you coming from) but you need to get out more and why don't you try phoning me some time mabye.

Cheers Thurston

because you lost it magically got another when we met you (by chance as you didnt phone us) :P