Tensile Problems

monkey gav

My mate bought the new Tensiles (legends) from tarty three weeks ago. Today while hopping onto a rock and not even kicking that hard the threads the that hold the ring on crumbled and when he was cycling he was going now where. Do you think tarty will replace them? He's well pissed off : . has this happened to any one else? could it just be a defect in the new cranks because my tensiles (the old ones are fine).

please help him out Gavyn :arabia:

My mate bought the new Tensiles (legends) from tarty three weeks ago. Today while hopping onto a rock and not even kicking that hard the threads the that hold the ring on crumbled and when he was cycling he was going now where. Do you think tarty will replace them? He's well pissed off : . has this happened to any one else? could it just be a defect in the new cranks because my tensiles (the old ones are fine).

please help him out Gavyn :arabia:

The threads that hold the ring on ? I don't understand ?

Sam

Well, 'special connections' in that they're owned by supercycles :) Either way, that is pretty crazy... Haven't heard of that ever happening before :S Was the cog screwed on properly? Not cross-threaded at all?

Either way, give Tarty a call first, and see what they say about it. It'll end up being refered to Supercycles ultimately, but you bought them through Tarty, so as far as I know they deal with the warrantying...

Well, 'special connections' in that they're owned by supercycles :) Either way, that is pretty crazy... Haven't heard of that ever happening before :S Was the cog screwed on properly? Not cross-threaded at all?

Either way, give Tarty a call first, and see what they say about it. It'll end up being refered to Supercycles ultimately, but you bought them through Tarty, so as far as I know they deal with the warrantying...

ah right, I understand the connections thing now. but the cranks were fine for the first few weeks

he had the same problem with a set of echo cranks the week before he bought his tensiles

yer he does have a big bash on and some of the cogs theads were squint cause he cross threaded it!!

cheers

chiz :blues:

Didn't tell us that? Then he's probably nailed his warrenty. But its worth a try, supercycles are sound, they will probably offer a half price set?

yer he does have a big bash on and some of the cogs theads were squint cause he cross threaded it!!

cheers

chiz :blues:

what a load of shit (N) he never cross threaded them imagine how much pressure that would take :o

if he had cross threaded them they would'nt have lasted till now his bash is the tensile uci one which doesnt stick out onto the threads the echo ring he was using was the same one on his striped echo cranks :S:S:angry::P:-