Does Anyone Replace Pedal Pins?

DeeZee

A couple of screws from a hardware store will work....

Today I actually drilled a few holes in my pedals and tapped them for this very purpose.

I just used some standard steel screws, aluminium would be better for corrision resistance, but as long as you keep an eye and don't let it rust like the titanic, it shouldn't pose a problem once you try to remove it.

Ive changed pins on a pair of dmrs, and would liek to do it to a pair i currently have. it does make them feel much better. however, the grub screw desgin leaves a lot to be desired as once theyve been bashed up a bit, you cant get the pins out. i had to use mole grips on the last set of pedals! so yeah, ddg style pedals with the pins screwing up form the inside of the pedal is a much beter idea.

DMR do sell Terrorpins for their V8s and V12s , but it's a hassle removing the remains of mangled screws .

Cages are the way to go , and feel better ( in my opinion ) than any platform available , as well as being lighter .

Yeh same here, platforms are only used on my Jump bike, V8's hurt my poor wee feet.

And yeh, they usually have to be taken out with plyers which is easier said then done when they've been attacked by concrete, rock and mud.

i use atomlab trailkings.... imensly strong, was coming short on a 8ft gap and kept landing on the wall.... total damage = a bit of blue off the wall on the pedals :D wall came out worse for wear.... but anyhow, these have a few grub screws, but the main pins go straight through the cage so really easy to remove IF broken

IPB Image

No no, your all wrong.

Real pimps roll on DMR V12 magnesiums.

VP,s only last a month with me, I have had my DMR's over a year, say a year 3 months. The pins could do with replacing but there arent that bad. The worst thing on them at the moment is the bearings need replacing.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know what thread Shimano DX pedals use? And can I just replace the pins with DMR replacement ones? That would be good.

i'll dig out my DX pedals and measure them up for you, i'm sure i've got soem DMR pins left somewhere to compair them to aswell

No no, you're all wrong.

Real pimps roll on DMR V12 magnesiums.

VP,s only last a month with me, I have had my DMR's over a year, say a year 3 months. The pins could do with replacing but there arent that bad. The worst thing on them at the moment is the bearings need replacing.

My VP's have lasted about 7 months now.

Non UCI riding is for gays.

I'v got the pins readdy and waiting to go in my pedals, i'm gluing them in this time round. (Mwhuhahaha) Becuase half of mine are probably either on the beach or on the streets of leeds.

i use vp's but with some indistructable cages that i bought in Japan, had the same set on now for 6 monhs and not even a slight bend anywhere on them, deffinetly will bring a few more sets back next year. I used to use V8's but find they make a right mess of your shoes (N) anyone else find that? Otherwise, they were the best pin pedals i had used as the pins don't drop out. Might look into getting a set for winter/ street riding, but v8s are the best for natural as you can dig them in.