*how To Grind Down A Rim Properly*

jakk-robbo

I always get zoo! pads so I just do a light grind but anyway...

Stroke down the rim in a clockwise direction going fast or slow, hard or lightly depending on what gradient of grind you want. I do it reasonably slowish and light so I get a grind that isnt very deep but is close together.

Get a old rim from a bmx or kids bike or whatever it dosent mater and practice what angle you want. There is a vidio in someones signiture but I can't remember whose it is :P .

I recently grinded my rims on my bike and i used an angle grinder and have had no problems with it since,

my brakes are working alot better now.Just gently get an angle grinder to your rims and go round a few times until you are happy with it. be sure not to push too hard though, you dont want to grind too much away.

if there is a propper way to grind down a rim. could someone explain how to do so please? :$

jack

If your going to grind your rim, And have magura black pads you may want to start looking for some different pads.

be sure not to push too hard though

You shouldn't apply more force than the angle grinder itself usually anyway.

Why?

Because it defeats the object of grinding your rim rather than using tar. black pads on grinds do NOT work. Fact. Have a look for some decent pads (no shortage of topics to find out which ones are good), then grind your rim accordingly, i.e soft pads: light/medium grind, hard pads: harsher grind. Be sure to grind each side in opposite directions to one another though to get better braking both forwards and backwards.

Because it defeats the object of grinding your rim rather than using tar. black pads on grinds do NOT work. Fact.

sorry to spoil it for u but they do, not stupidly well but they do

Speak to rowan johns, he used to use (still may do) black pads on a smooth rim, no tar, and it worked seriously well

lol i doubt it worked in anyform of water though

Because it defeats the object of grinding your rim rather than using tar. black pads on grinds do NOT work. Fact. Have a look for some decent pads (no shortage of topics to find out which ones are good), then grind your rim accordingly, i.e soft pads: light/medium grind, hard pads: harsher grind. Be sure to grind each side in opposite directions to one another though to get better braking both forwards and backwards.

I have had a magura black pads on for about two grinds and they are still not worn so they go work, they have gripped well for me as well. The back break never slips until the grind goes and my rim is wet.