Pros And Cons Of Your Bike

Ben Jones

Bike: Zona Zip

Type: Mod - Mainly street, pretty good for natural...

Pros: Built up to how I want and like it

Cons: Bit heavy...But doesn't bother me

What I'd Change: Nothing at the moment. perfect :)

Reccomend? Yeah I would.

From starting off on an '03 T-Bird, then upgrading to a good spec' T-Pro, to my Zona now, It's a big change.

They ride perfectly for me.

The length of them takes some getting used to, but the high BB makes up for it.

It stays on the backwheel so easily!

They are a bit heavy, but they don't feel it when you ride them!

(Y)

Edited by Dan6061

Bike: Onza T-pro 1005 custom spec

Type: Mod

Pros: nice and light to ride

Cons: Cracked fairly easy :ermm:

What I'd Change: Frame

Recommend? Yes, id reconmend it to any bigginer, but if you are just upgrading the frame, id reconmend the Zona Zip, as they are 3 times better than a T-pro

Bike:Da bomb schoole

Type:Mod

Pros:Nice and light,Looks nice :-

Cons:Components

What I'd Change:A few things,top of the list would be brakes,then bars,cranks and pedals ect

Recommend? Yes to a begginer/intermediate but i wouldnt say they would be much good to an advanced rider.

Bike: Woodman T-Pro Custom Build

Pros: Absolutely lovely to ride! loved it to peices! literally......... Nice and flicky and short (Y)

Cons: Bloody thing snapped on me :(

What I'd Change: Just upgrade to better parts, lighter maybe, my mod was around lighter stock teritory :P

Recommend: The frame for natural (Y) was lovely!

Bike: T-bird

Pros: Light, feels good on the back wheel, looks decent (better in pink)

Cons: I can't ride for shit, cranks are a bit thin, and I've rounded one arm off :mellow:

What I'd Change: better tyres, beefier cranks,

Recommend? Prety decent for the price and good for begginers (4 bolt magura :D )

Bike: saracen m.a.d 2.six

Type: stock

Pros: nice and light when modded, has a great balance point.

Cons: just a tad too short for me

What I'd Change: if it were possible i'd make the frame a 1025 instead of a 1006

Recommend? brilliant as a beginner bike or a good street frame, very strong too.

Hi just wondering how you modded your MAD? I Have the same bike and im wondering how i could mod my bike to make it lighter and better.

Any tips?

Hi just wondering how you modded your MAD? I Have the same bike and im wondering how i could mod my bike to make it lighter and better.

Any tips?

yeah sure, well i got sum new forks (kona project 2's triple butted only weighing 795g!) a cross country type front wheel (mavic xm719 on a deore or similar) back wheel i got a sun rhyno lite xl rim built on a hope bulb running a singlespeed conversion kit. onza flat trials bars on a koxx try-all stem. im also running vee's (vid sd 7's w carbon brake booster on the back and heatsink pads all round. light front tyre (im running a conti explorer pro 2.1 only weighing 512g!) and back tyre i run a maxxis high roller 2.35. thats pretty much it for my bike but im planning to get some tensile cranks and some new pedals too as my dmr v8's are knackered.

Any tips?

yeah sure, well i got sum new forks (kona project 2's triple butted only weighing 795g!) a cross country type front wheel (mavic xm719 on a deore or similar) back wheel i got a sun rhyno lite xl rim built on a hope bulb running a singlespeed conversion kit. onza flat trials bars on a koxx try-all stem. im also running vee's (vid sd 7's w carbon brake booster on the back and heatsink pads all round. light front tyre (im running a conti explorer pro 2.1 only weighing 512g!) and back tyre i run a maxxis high roller 2.35. thats pretty much it for my bike but im planning to get some tensile cranks and some new pedals too as my dmr v8's are knackered.

but yeah doing that to your bike will make it feel so much lighter and responsive probably lighter than most other riders i found in my case.

Bike: Orange Zero

Type: Stock

Pros: Weight, very light

Cons: Shortness

What I'd Change: Frame to Pitbull and cranks to Middleburns

Recommend? Good starter bike as its strong and looks lush

(Y)

Nice bike...if u dont mind me asking how much did it cost? Orange arnt the cheapest bikes around unfortunatly.

Thanks, Ben

Bike: Onza T-Pro (2005)

Pros: pimped out, looks nice (in my opinion), nice to ride (in my opinion)

Cons: Over the months I've grown a hate towards Onza components...thus replacing every single component on it. Much better now :)

Recommend? I suppose so, if you spend a bomb on it. Its wank as standard, all the parts are cheap and shit quality compared to some of the stuff on the market. It's a nice frame...just need to look out for cracks and keep that BB TIGHT!

Bike:Echo team

Type:mod

Pros:nice on the backwheel, light and looks the dogs bollocks

Cons:the rear brake that came with it was too short and i cant set my brake up properly

What I'd Change: the rear brake length and get the echo cassette hub

Recommend?yea awsome bike

Bike: Ashton Justice MK4

Type: Stock

Pros: Great for natural and street...

Cons: Threaded brake mount, erm cranks....

What I'd Change: Frame :P New Ashton baby, cranks, front and rear wheel

Recommend? Yer but you can only get these second but get the new one people!!!!