Hi I'm Bob

sex_on_wheels

Greetings, my name is Robert but most of my chums call me Bob, i am 24 years old and have been riding bikes for about 13 years.

I find I never was really inspired by one particular rider, I've been riding bikes for years, when I started trials I already had alot of experiance on the bike through various other bike orientated disciplines. I really just went out one day with some of my friends and thought it would be a laugh to try to hop on the back wheel. After hours of trying we all finally made it. remember this was with a canti brake set up and xc rims/hubs.

A few weeks later I found this forum. I had always known of Hans Ray, but i didn't realise what he did was so widespread across the UK.

hopefully I will soon get a trials bike and take the sport to a serious level.

welcome.

Can i just say you will be validated in no time, this thread has some meaning, giving a brief description about yourself and how you got involved in trials etc.

What bike are you currently riding?

Cheers Dan

EDIT: just noticed you said you hope to get a trials bike soon :$

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

Do you have any advice on what components I should buy? As I am really new to the sport I honestly don't have a clue which components would feel nice together. I think I will stay with 26" wheels as thats what I am used to. Probably a short wheelbase bike with no suspension.

What is everyones opinion on hope XC hubs as I have a pair of them laying around?

Also I have heard of 24" bikes, I have not yet tried one but I have viewed a few videos from the Sites/Vids and Pics section. What do they feel like to ride? I imagine very flicky and the front end should pop up quite easily.

Bob

basically it doesnt matter too much what frame wheels and stuff you get as long as its a trials bike, because its your first trials bike but i would definately recomend getting a good brake set up (maggie hs33's), but try and avoid makes such as mission, da bomb and all the cheapy makes. your best bet would be an onza cause they're cheap and quite good, but if you've gotalot of cash get a GU typhoon....adrian

Take that back bitch! Whats wrong with onza? And it looks awesome!

:o

i'm no bitch, bitch! :P

Onza in general are ok i guess, i mean i have only just changes to a python from a t-mag after 7ish months and that frame was awesome, headangle was a bit iffy but i rode it well. It's onza hubs, cranks etc i have issue with, not the best quality and odd sized components etc annoys me. but the zoot looks ming, in my opinion anyways.

sorry :(

Dan

you sound like a very sufisticated chap with good experiance and a great attitude.

you should be validated in no time.

as you have come from an XC background i doubt your style will be very hoppy hoppy, so i reckon you should go out and either try some 24" bikes or just buy one and hope. you probably wont want to go for anything long, low and silver, also stay away from high bottom bracket frames.

I advise you stay away from saracen, mission, da bomb. onza are a good cheap alternative, but not as high quality as the more expencive makes, eg. koxx, monty, echo, zoo!

if you have lots of money leeson make very good bikes and if you snap, crack or destroy the frame mr. clive leeson will fix it fopr you, more than likey for free too.

:o

i'm no bitch, bitch! :P

Onza in general are ok i guess, i mean i have only just changes to a python from a t-mag after 7ish months and that frame was awesome, headangle was a bit iffy but i rode it well. It's onza hubs, cranks etc i have issue with, not the best quality and odd sized components etc annoys me. but the zoot looks ming, in my opinion anyways.

sorry :(

Dan

Good lad *head pats*

I advise you stay away from saracen

That IMO is utter bollocks, A saracen is a perfect starter bike for someone who is just starting trials, I love the way mine handles, even after riding bikes like montys and onzas

Not having a go, Just expressing my honest opinion :)