PaRtZ

What RPM of a grinder gives the best grind on a rim  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What RPM of a grinder gives the best grind on a rim

• Something else

A faster spinning speed better grinds?

never actually occoured to be but now i feel curious hmmmm

wrong!!!!!!!

slower the better guys. get as slower one as possible!!

honeslty, my dad uses a air compressed grinder and does it so the disc id spinning dead slow and it gives thee best grinds.

zippy!

Geez i dont see the point in the grinding speeds what does it matter if it aint as harsh as you want aply some more pressure and ime sure that u will gte the grind wanted. (Y)

A slower speed will in theory give a deeper, more harsh grind. but yes, if you have a high speed grinder, you'll need to apply more pressure to compensate for that, but you run the risk of removing too much material from the rim sidewall......

A slower speed will in theory give a deeper, more harsh grind. but yes, if you have a high speed grinder, you'll need to apply more pressure to compensate for that, but you run the risk of removing too much material from the rim sidewall......

And slipping and cutting off your leg :P

When you're talking about this jazz you know you're getting close to some sort of trials geek :turned:

what? reading a figure from a grinder makes you a trials geek? Im asking because my grinds dont seem to work at all and I was wondering if it was my grinder that was wrong or my technique (Y):-

what? reading a figure from a grinder makes you a trials geek? Im asking because my grinds dont seem to work at all and I was wondering if it was my grinder that was wrong or my technique (Y):-

Just went out two days ago and bought a grinder from argos with no adjustable speed and a metal cutting disc , and ground my rim and it is immense its got to be your techniqe, ill have to show you how one day dude

just a cheap shitty grinder seems to be best, i bought a realy powerfull one thinking it would be better bot its either too smooth or it tries to cut my rim in half dont know what the rpm is but is 1200 w or sumat. actually you know what . this is a realy sad topic. we all must be teribly bored!