Freeridetrials Video Comp

spunkey_monkey_boy

righto, here at the brain of freeridetrials club we've been a bit laid back so far this year and not been getting much comp organising done. thats about to change and in true us style its going to be something a bit different:

explaination of the comp:

you are to enter a 2 minute urban trials video. the video must be shot in an urban location, it must be shot in ONE two minute run, you cannot edit it in any way, swap from one camera to another, change from venue to venue (unless you're very quick) etc and there is no point in giving it a musical accompaniment because we won't be listening to it.

this is not a competition to find out who is good at video editing etc, its for everyone to enter and its the riding and choice of venue that we're interested in.

just to make things as clear as possible here is a break down of the rules:

-one entry per person

-video shot in one continuos two minute run

-no editing, changing of camera etc

-no music

-must be shot in an urban environment

-no rules as to riding style (uci, street etc)

-no wheel size rules

-one rider per video only

-one location only

-hard copy to be submitted

-free to enter

-dont get arrested or in trouble shooting the vid

-all entries must be accompanies by riders name, address, bike make and model, sponsors names and lastly the rider category. to keep this a bit easier for us there are only 3 not the normal 5 to choose from, novice,inter and expert.

-if we think you've entered yourself into a lower category as a glory hunter we will move you up a category, this is at our discretion and you cannot argue with the judges descision

-hard copies will not be returned so please keep a copy yourself

-in entering this competition you are agreeing to let freeridetrials_club reproduce your video into a compilation of all the winning videos and use this compilation however they see fit.

-all videos must play on windows media player

there will be 3 video's from each category selected as first second and third and all 12 videos will be compiled onto a cd and each of the winning entrants will recieve a copy. prizes to be announced once we've spoken to our sponsors.

all entries must be recieved by midnight sunday 30th april and should be sent to the club via:

TOM JOHNSTONE

FLAT BA1 BARKHILL COURT

I M MARSH CAMPUS

BARKHILL ROAD

AIGBURTH

LIVERPOOL

L17 6BD

OR HANDED TO ME IN A CASE OR PROTECTIVE COVER ON ANY STREET RIDES OR COMPS I HAPPEN TO BE AT

any questions please post a reply here but do not clog this thread with rants,gossip,abuse etc. keep it clean

now go use your creativity to find the best location and set of moves to fill 2 minutes

Edited by spunkey_monkey_boy

i cant have you email them to me because university email has a block on it.

just burn it to cd and post it in

i'll know if its been edited if the riding stops and then re starts or if the location or camera angle suddenly change - anyone doing this will be disqualified

cheers

tom

the camera cannot be paused and re started, swapped from one camera to another or stopped and re started in any way. if the camera moves fine so long as it keeps shooting...

So we can do a move, get off, move the camera and keep riding?

Its an odd idea, but I guess its very original. Ill give it a go lol :S

So we can do a move, get off, move the camera and keep riding?

Its an odd idea, but I guess its very original. Ill give it a go lol :S

I think yo should have someone else to hold the camera for you, would make it loads easier.

It's fine if I enter? Just to check, you might want it to be an UK-only comp. :shifty:

this is open to everyone, itd be nice to see some international riders entering so your more than welcome. just make sure when you post yours off you cover the postage costs properly because i'd hate for it to not turn up.

when entries start showing up i'll put a reply in here and edit it every time a new one arrives so everyone can check whether their film has made it it.

in reply to partz question about getting off and moving the camera, no problem at all just dont pause it or turn it off, its got to be 2 minutes of continuos un edited video.

get those brains ticking over and get some entries in, oh yeah and tell everyone you know about the comp so we get plenty of entries

tom

yes logs, rocks, mud, grass, old people, dogs.... sorry scrap those last two for health and safety reasons...

but yes they all count so long as its an urban area.

speaking to our sponsors it looks like we're going to have some nice shiny bits up for grabs, all will be revealed real soon...

ye best to be a 2 or 3 man job, iv got the PERFECT place to do this, all i have to do is get someone else to ride it, haha as i cant @ the mo.

there is a place in keighley and would make an awsum "set-up" in which a rider "like a red bull comp" can ride around and pik different lines with different obstacles.

Waynio.........................

"txts bucky..........................." iv got just the man to win this comp :P;)

get everyone to enter. prizes so far are up to the value of £150 and thats just off one sponsor and from club funds, we've got 3 more sponsors to talk to. theres going to be alot of kit up for grabs here people.

i'm looking forward to the entries coming in, should be seeing alot of talent in all three categories and i want to see a real mix of abilities and riding styles, everything from uci comp style riding to crazy bmx influenced street. dont be put off because other 'good' riders are entering, theres 3 categories so that everyone has a shot at the prize fund (Y)

ye best to be a 2 or 3 man job, iv got the PERFECT place to do this, all i have to do is get someone else to ride it, haha as i cant @ the mo.

there is a place in keighley and would make an awsum "set-up" in which a rider "like a red bull comp" can ride around and pik different lines with different obstacles.

Waynio.........................

"txts bucky..........................." iv got just the man to win this comp :P;)

/// receives txt from waynio and checks trials-forum.......

f**king awesome idea tom mate just what is needed at this time. (Y)

Bucky

/// receives txt from waynio and checks trials-forum.......

f**king awesome idea tom mate just what is needed at this time. (Y)

Bucky

*tom sits back and waits to hear bucky is now in hospital after going crazy with waynio egging him on to go bigger and crazier*

(was this a good idea?)

*brainwave - someone (wayne) get chris to enter a video and we'll see if bucky can beat him in the comp*

ok, prize fund comfirmed so far:

3x LAS piss pots as worn by the LAS team riders tim stedman, tom johnstone and numerous others as soon as theirs arrive (RRP £24 each)

3x howies freeridetrials_club t shirts (RRP £25 each)

we're also looking at sorting out some shiny new heatsink prizes so get your thinking caps on and get some entries in

cheers

tom