Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Oli, when are you taking the 1.6 out of the golf? my 1.3's slowley eating its self. Think it must have been run without any oil in it at some point. Anyway, I'll leave that to the VW thread. ;)

Some time over my christmas break.

If you want my engine, then no worries. drive over, wel pull yours out, swap mine across then fiddle trying to get my new engine in! Prob want about £200 or so for the lot including exaust.

Some time over my christmas break.

If you want my engine, then no worries. drive over, wel pull yours out, swap mine across then fiddle trying to get my new engine in! Prob want about £200 or so for the lot including exaust.

if you need a third pair of hands for some strange reason, im more than willing to help out.

Haha, sounds good oli. At the moment my engines perminatly running on 3 cylenders, and since about half way through the drive home it dropped another, so down to 2, hoping thats just watter in the electrics though as it happened when I whent through some deep water. The one thats perminatly out though is loosing all compression so a bit more serious.

Would be cool to put your engine in oli, I'm guessing we might have to shorten the exhaust a little because you were running big bumpers werent you? Ah well, whatever, I'd be up for it though, and I'd be an extra pair of hands to help with putting your new engine in (Y)

crossflow: gasses flow across the head. its really that simple

take the mini engine for example, its NOT cross flow.

inlet and exhaust manifolds on the back of the head, flows in one side, goes bang, and back out the same side.

on a cross flow engine, the fuel flows in one side, and out of the other side. i dont know totally how much difference it makes, but it all aids to the flow of gasses.

just about all engines these days are crossflow, although back in the 70's and 80's it was a much bigger deal.

yeah, you dont want to get the fuel as hot as the exhaust on the way into the chamber either, thats the main reason for the exhaust being on one side of the head and the fuel intake being on the other.

edit: sorry just realised how old this quote was lol!

Edited by WILL ARNOLD

• 2 months later...

the most obvious, and almost certainly the best rich:

www.uk-mkivs.net

its a great forum.

Also, check out www.edition38.com

its more of a general VW forum, but still great.

Its strange seeing a thread with posts from Oli still on the last page :(

I miss him so much, every day still.

Anyone want roof bars for a mk2 golf? I've got a set of thule ones lying around if anyone does. Just make me an offer. There 80 quid-ish from hellfrauds. But I think mine are missing one of the lock plates though. All the same, fitted but never even used, so mint condition.

Yeah, edition 38's great, get on there.

the most obvious, and almost certainly the best rich:

www.uk-mkivs.net

its a great forum.

Also, check out www.edition38.com

its more of a general VW forum, but still great.

Its strange seeing a thread with posts from Oli still on the last page :(

I miss him so much, every day still.

thanks mate.

Yeah, edition 38's great, get on there.

That forum is shiiiiiiiit! Nobody has a clue on there, unless you want to learn how to polish a car...

otherwise it's "where can I buy..?" either VW, ECP, GSF or eBay the same place you buy every other VW part from :mellow:

"Will these wheels look good?" You tell me?! Do YOU like them?!?!!

"Whats the smallest tyre i can fit on my 17x12's?" Just stretch a BMX tyre on it, everyone else does, it's perfectly safe apparently

"where do I put the petrol in?" ;)

CGTI is 1000x better :)

What is the big deal with BBS rims on dubs? I personally think they look awful! Would you recommend a VW mkIII genesis to a new driver?

You're a pleb.

BBS = best oem wheel of all time.

They came on the g60 and as a special option on gti's. Most bbs rims are re split and fitter with wider dishes to improve the stance. Nuff said.

You're a pleb.

BBS = best oem wheel of all time.

They came on the g60 and as a special option on gti's. Most bbs rims are re split and fitter with wider dishes to improve the stance. Nuff said.

Borbert (Y)

Lets not forget Superlights ? Or Slot Mag's ? There's been loads better wheels fitted as standard....

Banded Steels *** !

Jarrod