Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Yeah a mk2 chaps...

I do realise thanks. I'll be rebuilding the bottom end, re-bore, reshelled pistons, knife edge crank etc...and the head will be fully gas flowed and port matched, i'll be running a ultimate road piper cam, custom exhaust system, and bike carbs off a solid state pump with regulator...etc etc.......I'm sure you know the various ways.

Next question please.

right, im in need of a pair of grille fog lights /driving lights for my Mk2, if anyones got any lying around, gimme a shout. the only ones i can find on ebay have a grille as well!

Also, does anyone know if a GTI set of gauges (ie speed + rev instead on std speed + clock) will just plug in and work, or will i need to wire up the rev counter? ( i know the little computer thingy wont work without extra wiring)

right, im in need of a pair of grille fog lights /driving lights for my Mk2, if anyones got any lying around, gimme a shout. the only ones i can find on ebay have a grille as well!

Also, does anyone know if a GTI set of gauges (ie speed + rev instead on std speed + clock) will just plug in and work, or will i need to wire up the rev counter? ( i know the little computer thingy wont work without extra wiring)

Hey buddy

Yep the gauges with a rev counter do jsut plug in and work. I've got some lamps you could have but they're tatty as fook.

James

Plan for sound system in golf sorted now, just need to get my arse in gear and get on with making it happen!

Nicks old 10" sub in side enclosure so i can still use the boot.

5 and 6" components in custom built door pockets, one tweet in std dash speaker locations, other in door with the mids.

No headunit, just my MP3 player plugged into a BOSS line driver/eqauliser.

should be pretty nice!

~If anyone could give me some tips on fibreglassing that would be cool, as i would like to make the boot enclosure myself, but ive never fibreglassed before. I would buy one, but a ready made fibreglass enclosure is £180ish!!!! :blink:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh and breathe saved from second page of doom

I dont know what to do :( I have a set of BBS G40 wheels

IPB Image

black or silver sorry for the really bad photoshoppage :S

Im thinking black loosk quite pimp and I havent seen alot of them done in black if any

that isnt my car by the way just the same colour!

Edited by pinky

ahhhhhhhhhhhh and breathe saved from second page of doom

I dont know what to do :( I have a set of BBS G40 wheels

IPB Image

black or silver sorry for the really bad photoshoppage :S

Im thinking black loosk quite pimp and I havent seen alot of them done in black if any

that isnt my car by the way just the same colour!

Black (Y)

James has silver and they look top (Y) black wheels just look abit "chavvy" if you know what i mean?

yeah I know what you mean thats what im scared of :(

there done pretty well though example of there work

IPB Image

IPB Image

So many people have silver BBS wheels :( just thought it would be a bit nice to be a bit different

gonna be geting some weller girth for the winter though

I say go black, the centres of my black steels have been painted black and it looks much better than silver, my car is also a similar colour (dark grey).

Now i just need to find the colout code so i can get rid of my rusty bits! :(