Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

looks like i will need to ring round insurance companies tommorrow, whos evyone with? i know a lot of you mini guys are new drivers and have just slapped alloys and stage ones on everywhere! :P

Have you not bothered to tell your insurance? or are they letting you? Direct line doesnt let you do any mods till your 25, which is gay.

I wouldnt be bothered if you couldnt see them, ie suspension, carb ect but alloy wheels are kinda hard to miss (although BBS i may get away with, as there factory fit on GTIs and stuff - def not 5 spoke oz though!). i just dont want to end up uninsured.

try herts insurance company, they do the mini world insurance and they advertise in golf+, were pretty cheap on my mini which i had all the mods declared on, but they wouldnt insure me on my mk2 gti, seemed a bit harsh am 20 with 3 years no claims. so i went to a purely online company called ecarinsurance, well cheap 575 thrid party with the alloys declared, next cheapest was abot 750!! try em well good.

hope this helps

craig

Hey everyone

Here is my newest purchase and very pleased i am with it...

It's a Mk2 Golf Ryder 1600 with many choice upgrades courtesy of the previous owner, it's got just over 100k and is in immaculate condition, the pictures don't really do it justice. It's got a couple of tiny parking dents I intend to sort out but other than that it's beautiful, solid underseal on the bottom and no rust on any arches! It also has dealer plates, fsh stamped to 80k, every mot, vag mats, vag space saver.....

When I bought the car it had already had the following done:

-Gti Cam

-Gti Suspension

-Big Bumpers

-Gti Interior

-Gti Glass with spoiler

-Weber Carb conversion

-Full Gti exhaust including the manifold

-Cebtral Locking fitted

-Grooved and vented discs

-Passengers rear doorhandle on n/s door

Since I've owned it I've done the following:

-Plugs leads cap and arm (courtesy of Jon at GSF Totton)

-16v rear lights

-Plastic rear spoiler to replace painted one

-Rocker cover gasket

-Full polish and wax

-Full alpine stereo fitted

And for the future I'm planning:

-Lowered 55 all round (got the shocks and springs sat in the garage)

-Alloys (not sure what yet though - tempted to keep the steels)

-Smoked indicators and side repeators

-16v/g60 brake conversion and disc conversion on the back

-Possibly small bumpers with red detailing

-Possible 16v conversion :?

Anyhow enough chat, here are some pictures. Hopefully you all like her and appreciate the condition she's in. Any comments and critisism welcome.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks

James

Got 40mm lowered springs and shocks for £90 today, well chuffed. will be fitting on monday.

When paycheck comes through will hopefully have enough for new wheels. starting to get a very nice daily driver.

Oh, and james car is spotless in the flesh!

Jsut done the best mod EVER to my golf.

finally got round to making a headlight loom! 2 looms really, one for dipped and one for full beam. also uprated the bulbs at the same time and WOW! i can now actually see with the lights on! got a replacement spot too, so no more big hole in the grille!

Will have to do this for my mini as well!

Still havent got the shocks on, will prob go on on sat.

My new clocks arrived, along with tinted rear lights. car looks much better with tinted lights all round.

The new clocks plugged straight in, and all work except the oil pressure light.

Old clocks were origonal, 1987 driver 1.6 with 120mph + clock

New clocks i dont knwo what there from, but have 160mph speedo+ MFA + tacho. i think the speedo reads slightly fast too ( could this be if it was off a 15" wheeled car?).

Is there anyway of hooking up another oil pressure light anywhere? hopefully il never need it, and i know once it comes on the engine is pretty fooked anyway, but its nice to know its there.