Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

it aint working, but if you put it in google you can get on the .com version.

whats better about the alloy ones btw?

euro looking as f****k seen a few veedubs with em on so was gona see what they look like on mine.

lol, would be very undriveable if it was lower than it is!

only got 2 and a bit inches of ground clearance under the subframe/wishbone joints at the moment :-

but just had the arches pulled out about an inch recently so no rubbage with me + 3 passengers B)

• 3 weeks later...

bugger! why can i never have a whoel day of good luck, something has to piss on my fire every time!

i get £300 quid worth of bucket seats from work for £25, me very happy.

this evening my car decided to die :( not happy!

alternator belt went, wasnt too far from home so thought i would keep going should make it, forgetting the water pump is on the same belt! result, 5 minutes later totally overheated and cut out. probably taken the head gasket with it.

luckily was with people, so had abotu 10 of us pushing it up this massive hill (snaky hill to the locals) and then i coasted down into my home village, across 2 roundabouts and breaking a 30mph speed limit with no engine! :blink:

i know owe a lot of people a drink!

alternator belt went, wasnt too far from home so thought i would keep going should make it, forgetting the water pump is on the same belt! result, 5 minutes later totally overheated and cut out. probably taken the head gasket with it.

i know owe a lot of people a drink!

can i have a drink? please?

hahahaha

seriously mate, ifits got hot enough to cut out from over heating, thats pretty serious.....

our transit van once ran at 130 degrees, blew the head gasket, warped the head, and still got us 40 miles home!

my race mini used to run at around 120degrees on the track, and never cut out once or blew a gasket....

for you to actually have it stop from over heating it must have been getting tight ;s which is some serious heat!

expect a head skim i reckon :P

what seats did you get? for which car?

luckily was with people, so had abotu 10 of us pushing it up this massive hill (snaky hill to the locals) and then i coasted down into my home village, across 2 roundabouts and breaking a 30mph speed limit with no engine! :blink:

You pushed your car up snakey :lol:

You then pushed your car accoss the main Devizes road and coasted all the way down the avenue, past the Wilton MOD place, around that relatively tight roundabout at the park and ride, over the Wilton Road roundabout, managed to continue on the flat and get through the traffic lights in the centre of Wilton then all the way still on the flat to your house on the other side of wilton just coasting? YOU LEGEND!!! That must a good 2 miles!

:lol::P:lol::P:lol:

didnt get to the juntion before my house, turned off before then.

Im happy again, car all fixed and working! :D

Turned out the car over heated because of no belt, so no water circulation as previously thought, but it didnt cut out due to overheating! it cut out due to lack of fuel, the fuel filter had a massive crack the pipe off one end, was almost hanging off. My bet is this happened when the belt went, the belt snapped and whipped the fuel line breaking the filter. engine then ran on remaining fuel for a few minutes, and stopped just as it got too hot! what a stroke of luck.

definately no gasket damge, 185 psi on all 4 cylinders, no water in oil and no oil in water.

oh and the seats are 1x corbeau carrera recliner (grey) 1x cobra imola 2, fixed, moulded plastic/fibre glass back, fia approved, black/red. neither ever mounted, only sat in halfords for 2 years!

Edited by nmt_oli

Just a cheeky little post to say the red Polo GT that Andy (Tank Rider) posted on page 4 is for sale if anyone's interested. PM if you want any details and more pictures.

Tank Rider, OD404, Deagledaddy and Adam and Dave from Tartybikes can vouch for me if you're worried about buying from a stranger :)

Edit: included pic

IPB Image

Edited by Fuse

Right, crank bolt holding crank pulley onto crank on a 1.6 engine- how the hell to i get it off!!!! i dont know if its conventional or reverse thread, but it wont move either way. have put car in gear, had someone sitting in the car foot on brake hard as poss, 2ft breaker bar on this bolt and either pulling the wheels through brakes or slipping the halfords pro ratchet!!!!

blow torch and hammer??

• 2 weeks later...

just reading this thread has made me want a mk2 16valve again

although i know they are way way old.

saw one in warminster last week......it was so original and mint arghh

have a lot of happy memories of that model

and a lot of bad memories, dad used to be a maniac in it lol

vag forever (Y)

audi have the edge

audi have the edge

im afraid your right! audi co certainly have the edge, although theyre not quite so 'cool' if you know what im mean. seriously classy though!

just fitted drilled/grooved discs all round on mine with mintex red box pads, once theyre bedded in the brakes should be awesome! the old discs were SERIOUSLY dead.

also found i can get coilovers for around £300, which allow me to lower it up to 60mm!!!! which is mad!

coil over time i think!

rich-speak to james (noyce) about the mk2 ryder, he has one in red with a load of GTI bits, his is REALLY tidy.

Nick i just fitted standard audi discs...and standard pagid pads to the front.

Im not sure what was on there before exactly ( i belive they were pagid fast road pads and pagid discs )

anyhows

Fast road are shit

put my foot down ont pedal today at 75 and nearly went through window!

fast road parts are a joke,,,,,,,there arent any roads to go fast on anymore let alone brake.

was following a madman in an artic today doing 80 ,,,,,could not get past :S

janspeed catback to come ( i do need it,,,,the car is still on the original system)

:D:D:D

Rear engine cars for the win! :)

IPB Image

Full body off restoration by myself and my dad.

Fibreglass, running boards, wings, engine lid.

1776cc fully stripped and rebuilt engine, twin Delorto Carbs,

Porsche leather seats,

16inch porsche wheels

Porsche rear discs

VW front discs

lowered front beam (yes it needs to be sitting on the floor i know, im guna lower it abit more but im testing the speed bump problems as theres loads round here!! (N) once i know it wont catch on the floor, ill lower it more :) )

Central locking

Electric windows

power steering (I WISH), more like shopping trolley steering, but hey its worth it.

All new carpets with yellow trim, roof lining etc.

I'll grab some more pics when i polish it tomorrow and add em on. :D

Its my only love in the world!! girls blatently suck compared to cars :P

IPB Image

Porsche leather seats,

16inch porsche wheels

Porsche rear discs

VW front discs

lowered front beam (yes it needs to be sitting on the floor i know, im guna lower it abit more but im testing the speed bump problems as theres loads round here!! (N) once i know it wont catch on the floor, ill lower it more :) )

Central locking

Electric windows

power steering (I WISH), more like shopping trolley steering, but hey its worth it.

also when this car gets going dear lord its fun. Been in it about 5 times and still want more. best colour ever to.

IPB Image

Porsche leather seats,

16inch porsche wheels

Porsche rear discs

VW front discs

Central locking

Electric windows

:o i wish i never sold my bug now :(