Riding On The Moon!

mini

Hi, i just had a thought how big you would be able to go on your bike with no gravity (the moon). I was just wondering what everyone hear would do on the moon, for example i would attempt a 30ft gap!(my normal sized gap is just over a bike length :lol:). It would be ace to go riding on the moon but it costs like 6 billion pounds i think. :(

Thanks from Stuart. (Y)

<_< Sorry to burst the bubble with sience but there is gravity on the moon just not that much... and if you could ride in a space suit and you did manage to do a hop you will more than likely float off in to space :blink: ........

And i don't no about you but i hate riding in sand :angry:

But it might be good for a laugh but i would insist on a tether :huh:

Hey you mate

How cool does that sound....riding on the moon,no-one to moan your destroying public property and endless hours of fun (Y)

I think i'd give front wheel hopping a go first.....and then attempt the largest sidehop

Ben

i think the may havve a moan your destroying an international treasure or somthing like that. bunnyhop backflip barspin anyone ;)

EDIT: it would be hard to get traction y'all

Edited by mat hudson

<_< Sorry to burst the bubble with sience but there is gravity on the moon just not that much... and if you could ride in a space suit and you did manage to do a hop you will more than likely float off in to space :blink: ........

And i don't no about you but i hate riding in sand :angry:

But it might be good for a laugh but i would insist on a tether :huh:

Exactly what i thought..it would definatly be interesting..but i imagine it would get boring real quick..i imagine there isn't that much to gap to up there.

Zoo

for example i would attempt a 30ft gap!(my normal sized gap is just over a bike length

You'd kick your pedals and your wheel would spin.

If you can take a sidehop on 7 pallets here on earth, you can take around 21 pallets on the moon! you can multiply the number of pallets you can do on earth with 3 and you find out how many you take on the moon

what the f**k? :blink::huh: You would float and so would the pallets.

you do get some right retards. :closedeyes:

The moons gravity is 1/6 of earth.. and it is possable the leave the suface and float of to u'r long trip in to the void with a good push..........

You learn somthing new every day..........

I learned that trials riders need to learn more about physics......

I was just trying to open an interesting topic. Anyway i'm not trying to be exact i was just wondering how big everyone would go seen as you "float in space."

Thanks from Stuart. (Y)

P.S sorry if that came across as me being grumpy.

You'd have to be going 1.47 miles per second to leave the moons gravity. :rolleyes:

There no air up there though, so there's no air resistence, which isn't good for dropping.

There's only one way to find out though. :D

the thing wouldnt work because although i may be able to hold the bars with some f**k off gloves your feet wouldnt stay on the pedals as you only stay on top of the bike with gravity so it would float all arround let alone pedaling or hopping

You should remember there are extreme temperarures (not to mention there is almost no pressure) on the moon, so forget using any hydro brakes there as seals will be melt down and brake liquids will probably blow out on day. At night every liquid is gonna freeze. It may also affect any lube/grease so there may be engagement problems aswell.

Cheers :turned: