Frames Snapped?

Trials Dave

how many frames have you snapped?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. how many frames have you snapped?

• 3+

cracked a leeson and a curtis... i was a heavy basterd back then though, like really heavy... thats what you get for riding with matt berridge in your early days:p

never cracked a alu frame.

yeah, maybe porter, but youve wanked up ally headtubes and turned normal shaped tubes into pieces of art. and broken hundreds of forks on the way....

I managed to put a crack in my zero chainstays and i broke a pair of echo urbans in half :o !! But other than that my ech o is coming up to 2 years old ....

forking hell.......

i must have been a heffer back in the day :P

i snapped an X-tort by splitting the headtube lengthways somehow....

then i snapped 2 brisa B26's, followed by an orange zero which went at the chainstays, replaced with an es3, which the headtube ripped off after 4 weeks, replaced by the warranty zero, which lasted me a day before i cracked that, replaced by the warranty es3, which cracked after a few weeks..... then got the px, which stayed solid!

also cracked my T-master, found a small crack on my excess, and a few other cheapy things.........

this is all 3years ago or more though! in the last 3 years, i havnt killed any frames!

3sets of forks, a stem, and millions of rear rims, but thats about it these days.....

never cracked a alu frame.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaateva :ermm:

Like I cracked your old pure in 2 months of riding it :blink: ahhaa but it is tiiny and I dont think i could finish kit off.

Snapped a ashtonET, in 2 bits pretty good, doesnt make me manly though as they are weeak.

I completely f**cked my zebdi mk2, too many drops back when I was learning how to land them smooth. :S

Heres a picture for you all;

IPB Image

Its the only frame I have ever cracked/snapped and the strange thing is it didnt snap at the weld, it snapped the tubing just above it clean in half...

Edited by scunnytrials

i am only asking this after snapping my second frame.

it was my 2006 saracen team urban. i have only used it for 5 months aswell after receiving it on warranty after snapping my last MAD!!

which frame have you snapped?

anyone out there snapped a pitbull?

cheers

Dave

in all fairness though, it is your fault for buying TWO wank frames, get a proper frame fromt he beginning and you will be on 0 like me!

joE! :-

I dont know what I've been doing differently to everyone else but I've never snapped a frame. My first "real" trials bike was an Echo ES3 which had a reputation of snapping easily. I bought it used when it was about 2 years old and rode it for another 2 years maybe before someone spotted the tinyest hairline crack where the seat stays met the seat/top tube.

I then got a Planet X Zebdi, used it for about 6-7 months before getting my deal with MAD. Recently sold it to a friend of mine to fund my heroin addiction.

I've been riding for MAD for almost a year now ( :blink: that year has gone a bit quick!!) and I've only put a small crack in the driveside chainstay (which was a common fault on the earlier ones) after a weekend at NASS. I got the newer frame which had a few extra welds / gussets and I never had any problems with it for quite some time. I then got given the newer 'Team Super Pro' and only swapped from my second frame because I prefered the colour of the new one :lol: . These ones are very light weight - much lighter then even the earlier ones I believe and I've been riding this one for quite a while now and it's been as safe as houses.

Nobody mention Jack Meek....He seems to eat frames for breakfast...

Am I the only one who doesn't 'expect' to snap a frame??

Andy P

haha. yeah i snapped my team urban which is exactly the same as the team super pro. they are crap frames. they have strengthened the frame everywhere apart from the places which were cracking etc on the earlier models!

got my pitbull now so im hoping it will last longer than 5 months!!

ok lets start about 8 years ago... cracked a kona cindercone (bk in the days of modifyin xc rides for trials!)

cracked 2 monty mods

cracked a planet x zebdi mk1

cracked a echo team

cracked a ashton justice mk1

... its funny though.. im stil riding my ashton ed tongue (love it!) and its stil going strong getttin close to 1year on!!! sooo many have broken...

1 monty x-hydra (which i later discovered was supposed to have been recalled to the factory due to the wrong tubing being used on the chainstays so i'm not sure whether that counts)

2 Brisa B20's (one was only a month old & bikedock said it wasn't under warranty so we went straight to brisa and they replaced it with the model that hadnt even been released at the time)

and a DDG shooter that had already been ridden to within an inch of its life by a mate. So i finished it off.

Cracked and snaped

3 rockets fab pro trials- cracked at head tube and disc mounts (while testing) -2 in street 1 in comp

Pace trials- snaped seat stay at disc!! only took 3 weeks.. -on street

Gt tequesta- snaped chain stay at drop out -street

(The only 2, 13" in the contry) specilized m2 s-works- snaped chain stays at bb clean off!! -1 on street -1 in demo :$

Mates gt mod- cracked (not quite snaped) down tube at head tube, not my falt :- -street

Azonic ds1- snaped seat stay at brake lug.. -in comp