Dilema - To Tell Insurance Company Or Not :-s

Joe Papasnap Maher

Bash the dent out and polish it... :shifty:

Nah, unlucky Joe.

Have a look around in scrap yards, eBay, etc for second hand body parts, then buy it, spray it (if needed) and get it fitted.

Sorted. ?

I cant tell him to go to the scrappys those can i lol.

Anyways he said he was gonna get a quote today and give me a ring.,

So ill give you all an update when he rings me

Edited by JoeMaher

I hate insurance companies and wouldn't think twice about pumping round after round into the directors of these b*****d companies.

Its f**king disgusting that you have to pay thousands per year for insurance and you cannot even claim anything back, makes you wonder why you even bother with it. I've known idiots to drive about with no insurance and get away with it for months, we apply the law and get f**king raped for it.

Anyway, just a word of advice, if he rings you up with a quote, don't instantly pay it without seeing any documentation. If hes a cheeky b*****d I don't think he'd think twice about throwing a few extra quids into the quote.

Sort of developed an idea there partz, use his age to your advantage.

Get the police envolved and simply say 'What accident?' and try and get him sectioned under the Metal Health/Elderly Act.

If that doesn't work, use the 3 word escape route 'He touched me'.

Sort of developed an idea there partz, use his age to your advantage.

Get the police envolved and simply say 'What accident?' and try and get him sectioned under the Metal Health/Elderly Act.

He aint rung yet....bet he rings the f**king insurance company :(

maybe he crashed again and killed himself this time...

meh, we can only live in hope. :shifty:

My god we're cruel b*astards.... :D:lol:

totally off topic, but thats apparently the most common type of crash :huh:

If/when he rings you, ask him to get at least 3 quotes. We had to do this when someone crashed into my nans car, and they demanded 3 different quotes, to make sure you are not screwing them over.

Hope you get it sorted anyway, sucks when things like that happen.

Oh and another totaly off topic fact (My sis used to work for an insurer) The crash ratio for young/old/male/female is all the same. So people who say women/older people are safer divers is total rubbish! Everyone is just as likey to have a crash, and has nothing to do with age/experience/gender

Edited by Andy@NBR

Still aint rung :huh:

Hire a Hitman dude, he's old so it probably won't cost too much, this way problem sorted no insurance company, no need for his car, and you'll only have to pay the Hitman a few bob to get the job done (Y)

Hire a Hitman dude, he's old so it probably won't cost too much, this way problem sorted no insurance company, no need for his car, and you'll only have to pay the Hitman a few bob to get the job done (Y)

Out of interest, where do you find these hitmen..... :-

• 3 weeks later...

f**kKKKK - jUST HAD LETTER THROUGH THE POST FROM INSURANCE COMPANY :angry:

Thought the guy had just let it be....but no he has infact contacted the insurance company :angry: .

The letter sais

" I have been advised of an accident on the above date.

Could you please contact me within the next 14 days to discuss the cirsumstances of this incident.If i do not hear from you, i shall assume it is in order to deal with the claim on the best possible terms."

Bascially what the f**k does that mena :P

Help much appreciated. :(

Right....but if i get in contact with the guy who made the claim...and say...oi dickhead...i said i was gonna pay you without going through the insurance company...How uch is it...ill give u the money. Can he then retract his claim?? so that insurance isnt involved?

Don't think thats gonna work dude, If a letters been sent off to from your insurance company then theres a good chance he got it all fixed up in the meantime by his insurance company then made his lil ol claim. >_<

Out of interest, where do you find these hitmen..... :-

Yellow Pages :P

Joe, Sorry to say it buddy, But I don't think you can retract insurance claims :( . BUT you never know, Your premium might not even rise :)

Edited by deanie-b