Ridden Clothing Short Promo

Jonny Jones

One word: Rank.

You were like an really nervous 8 year old child giving a speech on 'What Biketrials Means To You' in front of all your classmates.

If i were you I'd remove the link asap. Because that isn't going to do anything good for 'Ridden clothing' what so ever. It's put me of completely, as every time I'd wear the t-shirt, I'd be reminded of that. >_<

Couldn't really concentrate on the riding as i had my hands over my face throughout the dialog.

All the best with everything though, hope people don't think the same as me, for sales sake. (Y)

One word: Rank.

You were like an really nervous 8 year old child giving a speech on 'What Biketrials Means To You' in front of all your classmates.

If i were you I'd remove the link asap. Because that isn't going to do anything good for 'Ridden clothing' what so ever. It's put me of completely, as every time I'd wear the t-shirt, I'd be reminded of that. >_<

Couldn't really concentrate on the riding as i had my hands over my face throughout the dialog.

All the best with everything though, hope people don't think the same as me, for sales sake. (Y)

POW!!^^ smack on, couldn't have put it better myself.

Although it must have taken a fair bit of time and effort to make the horrific promotional vid, it really is not promoting anything, except a bad image for ridden clothing.

It looked unprofessional, and ffs it sounded like a perfume ad, but for a t-shirt???

I'd remove the link and see about making a poster rather than a video, it would look far more professional, and would prevent the audience from laughing/crying.

Ian

I quote...

"They are from Canada, and as anything from canada should last a while"

Well once i had a canadian girlfriend and she didn't last long. :P

I have to agree I think you would sell alot more if you made the add more agressive and rocky, as if to say yeaah buy one these they are coool!

On the pluss side the t-shirts looked pretty decent, i like the logo. (Y)

Put the xlr mic down and go ride (Y) Adverts are ment to be quick punchy and effective. Good that youre having a go as I didnt find it that bad just wasnt really that effective.

Completely agree, At least it's nice to see someone trying something different.

hey, quite a few of the videos on this site dont work for me. they play but there is only sound no video. anything i need to do?

CHEERS

dave

CODECS ;) just go get vlc media player that should sort your life out a lot :P Then download the latest quicktime and the video usually states what codecs are used in this case it's h264 which is quicktimes latest version.

Put the xlr mic down and go ride (Y) Adverts are ment to be quick punchy and effective. Good that youre having a go as I didnt find it that bad just wasnt really that effective.

I would IF I could ride, im shit you see. I understand that everybody disliked the video, fair enough, but be more constructive - Rank and 'No you dont want to see it' (thanks Joe!) isn't a lot of help. Seems if anybody does anything above the norm, it gets slated, thats wrong!

J.

READ MY THREAD PROPERLY (Y) , I did genuinely like it. I'd just suggest a few slight improvments like making it more punchy using quick snappy voice clips and less like a documentary . Youre riding is better than mine and I do like your style.

Thing is whenever us media people release anything it will be under close scrutiny as to find mistakes and this is what makes us better because we have the balls to try !!!

Do second version and get people's opinions , my msn is in my profile if you want to hear mine.

Craig

Edited by CBProductions

Please think up a script or something before recording it. I liked the idea, but to be fair if I didn't know who you are I'd be thinking 'this guy is speaking out his ass' because you basically were.

'...and they were really, really cool.'

'...t-shirts themselves are pretty cool.'

'...express ...how bikes are like they are.'

'...they're not gonna fade what-so-ever.'

Get my point? Good idea though, I reckon if maybe you'd thought slightly harder about to represent the company you could do something pretty special.

I would IF I could ride, im shit you see. I understand that everybody disliked the video, fair enough, but be more constructive - Rank and 'No you dont want to see it' (thanks Joe!) isn't a lot of help. Seems if anybody does anything above the norm, it gets slated, thats wrong!

J.

Aww jonny....i was only messing :lol:

I didnt think it was that bad to be honest.

As you said...it was diffrent...and no one likes change....but i bet..if someone else did it..then another person did the same thing , people would come round to the idea...and everyone would be like " POWW111gOSH11" THAT WAS AMAZING DUDEEEE.

Dont take offence by any of the comments in the thread.

It was a good video...just cheesy...but i dont know what else you would expect from something like thaT.

Give it a few more tries..with something else....put them up, take the criticism...and slowly but surly people will start to like the idea i bet you (Y)

two things i can think of were,

1. dialog was almost there but just too cheesy and like you were thinking on the spot. At one stage it sounded like a toothpaste commercial where they pay people to 'act real life'.

2. No contact details, where to buy, price etc. Not even a hint. Which for a promotion is kinda important? If there was, i can't remember seeing any, and i only watched it 10 seconds ago.

other than that it was ok, i think i know the sort of style you were going for, but to pull it off you really need to believe in what you are saying or love what you are trying to explain. So maybe you should take a less personal view on it and just make something short, snappy and too the point. Rather than sugar coating the whole thing.

Show the shirts (intro was good), show a badass riding clip with you wearing a shirt, maybe ride back to the camera and show it off- no need for dialog, finish with some sort of graphic with a catchy statement and priece/place to buy or whatever.

Oh and remember who you are trying to sell it to, these guys/gals are your mates, fellow riders etc, just chill and have a laugh, don't be too serious with it.

:turned:(Y)