Eno Freewheel?

Ride or die

Yeah got one, there the best freewheel out at the minute ... like Dan said they will skip at first but thats just the bedding in process.

If i was you when your first get it take the lockring of and cleanout all the grease and lube it up with some light lube, that way it'll run alot more smoother and will be alot more louder.

Ben (Y)

Although I'd chose my profile over it any day, I will also recommend it. It allows your cranks to spin so freely and the engagement (in my experiance of other bikes) is very reliable (Y)

If you've got the money and you are ready to start doing large gaps, drops etc. Its worth getting an ENO to save your a$$ :)

tunnicliffe

Really?

Anyway, i've had mine a year and a half now. And i'm happy with it. It's built beutifully, and very easy to maintain. Needs de-greasing a few months in though.

Ye They are well worth the money. They are designed to be taken apart to clean, they have sealed ballbearings so don't break as easily and don't go everywhere when you take it apart and they stay really clean. They run smoother than any other freewheel, have more engagements than any other freewheel, Have 6 pawls instead of 4 so have stronger engagements and virtually never skip and they don't come un-done every 5 minutes like a ACS :angry: .

(Y)

Edited by KeNi

Really?

I'm surprised you didn't point out that the other Koxx riders use the Try-All freewheel :P They also used to run ACS Claws, in fairness...

Enos are seriously good though. Top quality manufacture, top quality materials - it's aaaaaaaaaaall good. There's a FAQ topic too about stripping and degreasing it after you've had it for a few weeks/months. The sealed bearings ooze out the excess grease, and it gets over the pawls and springs so it quietens them down and makes it harder for them to engage, which can lead to more skips. So yeah, get on it and get it cleaned after a month or two and it'll keep running nicely :)

Didn't want to make a whole new post up for this...

Does anyone know if this comes in a 16 tooth size? Or do the extra pawls restrict this to being slightly bigger?

And I know someone said it's well worth the money. But ~£80 is a bit steep? Although, if it saves you from getting into similar situations to that video that's been floating around (gap attempt when chain snaps), I would guess it's definately worth shelling out for?!

Does anyone know if this comes in a 16 tooth size? Or do the extra pawls restrict this to being slightly bigger?

I think the trials eno only comes in 18T, but not 100% sure.

Correct - the trials version only comes in 18t, but to be fair, the singlespeed version uses the same awesome engagement and overall design (as far as I know), but only has 36EP not 72. Still 6 pawl though, I think? Anyways - it's still good, even though it's not the legit trials version.

the singlespeed version uses the same awesome engagement and overall design (as far as I know), but only has 36EP not 72. Still 6 pawl though, I think?

I think i remeber seing a picture of the inside of a eno normal version and it has 4 pawls. Also there would be no need for 6 to be engaging at the same time.

Yeah, I thought that might've been the case. Even so, f**king hardcore version of the ACS, which is going to be between ACS and Eno on price? Ching :P

Also: just noticed how my avatar is like the real, physical version of the first poster's (Ride or Die?) avatar :D

Hi i would get one as my mate has had two acs freewheels and broke then in like two weeks, now he has got a eno one and it has not yet he has had it for around 1 month i think. I want on it when he got it on and it is just really quick to get to the engagements points in it. Get one if you can.Hope this has bin helpful for you.

Hi i would get one as my mate has had two acs freewheels and broke then in like two weeks

You mate obviously dosn't know about keeping the lockring tight. ;)

Ye They are well worth the money. They are designed to be taken apart to clean, they have sealed ballbearings so don't break as easily and don't go everywhere when you take it apart and they stay really clean. They run smoother than any other freewheel, have more engagements than any other freewheel, Have 6 pawls instead of 4 so have stronger engagements and virtually never skip and they don't come un-done every 5 minutes like a ACS :angry: .

(Y)

Ever owned a ENO?

They are well worth the money.

They are designed to be taken apart to clean/service, they have sealed babearing so don't break as easily and don't go everywhere when you take it apart and they stay dirt/grit free. They run smoother than any other freewheel, have more engagements than any other freewheel, Have 6 pawls instead of 4 so have stronger engagements and viirtually never skip and they dont come un-done every 5 minutes like a ACS.

Good old copy and paste :P

Eno's are the bees knees though.