Titanium/stainless Steel

weebryan

No point in Ti bolts really, you will round them off easier than steel ones.

Plus, you will end up paying over the top prices anyway.

profile charge £30 for 2 10mm hub bolts!!!! robbing bastards!!!!!!

I am a titanium maniac and still there is a number of items on our bikes where steel and alu would be better used.

On my Monty Ti hubs I rounded the bolts and it was a f*** stress for me unscrewing them...

So I put the steel ones on and happy with that. Yes, Ti bolts don't weigh anything....they are obviously a lot lighter than steel ones...but thanks, no.

We have tested a number of Ti grades to use with bolts. And have found the best grade...they will be released in the near future.

But it is still a challenge between snapping them and rounding the inner hexagon...torque matters there a lot.

By the way, those blue and gold Ti bolts from the tastynuts website should be better than the original color bolts.

If they are gold or blue that means they have been covered by a strenghening film in a plazma camera (Titanium Nitride and so on). This technology has been used in aerospace industry.

If you find bolts of these color in the retail - get them. They are sure to be stronger than the original Ti ones.

Though it could also be a different technology that just adds a colour without making the bolt stronger...

IPB Image

If your bolts are rounding off, wether the be ti or steel, they are

a. not very good ones

b. you havent got a very good set of allen keys.

:-

Then hubs coming with the '06 Monty 221Ti aren't very good ones.

Then Pedrosa tools are crap.

It's all about the force you apply to your tools.