Bike Pics Thread.

Mark W

Onzas aren't that bad - for a cheap starter/entry level build they're surprisingly good

T-Rexs are built like a tank too, so will take a beasting - perfect for learning trials!

Sounds like a plan

Look nice stripped and polished (check out a few dotted around in the Full Members Bike Pics thread), and perhaps with some custom graphics thrown on too...

If you like the way the bike rides, there's not really much need to change parts other than to upgrade/replace broken bits

Take your time doing what you feel is necessary and you're onto a winner :)

Yea Im finding it a pretty solid bike.. Upgraded the bars to get more rise etc, changed bars because they fit the stem plus they're thicker in the center and feel more reliable :) The BB felt too skinny, it was a tapered square one :huh: The cranks are nicer and more beefy than the standard ones... Oh yea, when I took off the old onza arms, the right one was 175mm and the left 170mm :S Is that normal?? :S

perfect for learning trials!

I'd say it is yea.. But I've been riding trials since I was about 14 (Im 22 now) :D I'm average, but I'd say I still have a bit to learn though ^_^ like side hopping up more than a 18inch, wheel swopping etc.. :) everything else is easy enough.... I'll get it all some day :)

Yea Im finding it a pretty solid bike.. Upgraded the bars to get more rise etc, changed bars because they fit the stem plus they're thicker in the center and feel more reliable

The BB felt too skinny, it was a tapered square one

The cranks are nicer and more beefy than the standard ones... Oh yea, when I took off the old onza arms, the right one was 175mm and the left 170mm Is that normal??

Weird! :blink:

Nothing wrong with square taper BBs though

I'd say it is yea.. But I've been riding trials since I was about 14 (Im 22 now) I'm average, but I'd say I still have a bit to learn though like side hopping up more than a 18inch, wheel swopping etc.. everything else is easy enough.... I'll get it all some day

Sorry, didn't mean it as a 'you're a beginner, so it will be fine', it was more a general statement :P

The Onza/Zona range seems to cater for everyone really, from first-time trials riders all the way up to the top of the crop :)

Nothing wrong with square taper BBs though

Oh yea I know there isnt really, just my other cranks are ISIS :P BB should turn up tomorrow(Friday) with any luck so I can go to the saturday clacton ride with them.

Sorry, didn't mean it as a 'you're a beginner, so it will be fine', it was more a general statement

No worries, Unless we know someone personally or have seen their videos, we cant really know their level of progress :)

Anyway, Im gonna shut up now, got to leave some room for peoples bike pics now :turned: I dont want to be told to chit chat elsewhere...

Bye..

Here is my bike, Its my first and am just getting into trials.

The frame is a speedrace satan.

I havent yet decided if I will go single speed or put a fiction shifter on the seat post.

The seat post top part I will chop off, I just have not got round to it yet. I might also chop the steerer down a bit too.

(hopefully my pic shows up, first time)

trialsbike2.jpg

It didn't show, under the help topics posting images it says to go to my controls and then to your albums. but under your albums it says that I can not yet use this part.

So I uploaded an image to my webspace and used the insert image button , then pasted this link " http://www.kathrynyeats.com/pics/trials/trialsbike2.jpg " but it didnt work.

Sorry

I will do some looking into how this all works and try again later

It didn't show, under the help topics posting images it says to go to my controls and then to your albums. but under your albums it says that I can not yet use this part.

So I uploaded an image to my webspace and used the insert image button , then pasted this link " http://www.kathrynyeats.com/pics/trials/trialsbike2.jpg " but it didnt work.

Sorry

I will do some looking into how this all works and try again later

Leave the steerer alone and get a mini seat, its much better.

So?

i think he was just saying that not everyone likes rigid forks, and Ryan leech happens to be a good example

And heres my baby that works :D

Saracen%20Xess.jpg

i use that for trials right now, its not the best for it but im fine with it at the moment. (not for long though hehe)

Mod ive done are wheels= Halo combats and an avid juicy 3 on the front

Edited by dangerous_dave