Bike Pics Thread.

Mark W

Does your chain have any tension :S

The chain has been soted now ben its alot tighter.

when you say nitromorse it where you get it from and how you use it ? . and wouldnt you get the same finish by just using sandpaper and then using finish paper to make it shiny and smooth ???

I doubt your'd get the same finish from sandpaper, but nitromorse is easy to get hold of. Just go to your local Halfords and get some. It's about £5-6 a tin, then all you have to do is paint it on with a brush, and keep going until it completely stripped. Took my brother 3 days to completely strip it.

Edited by Chris_J

• 2 weeks later...

My new ride.

Sorry im not to good with computers so the photo is in a link (click on new bike)

Gone for a more streety ride now . just needs a new set of forks and a 'ard guard bash ring.

I think im the only trials rider who still rides gears these days, whats happened to the old skool!?

new bike

My new ride.

Sorry im not to good with computers so the photo is in a link (click on new bike)

Gone for a more streety ride now . just needs a new set of forks and a 'ard guard bash ring.

I think im the only trials rider who still rides gears these days, whats happened to the old skool!?

new bike

Here you go mate,

newbike.jpg

Looks like an awesome ride, you're gonna have a fair few people asking what those forks are, so you may as well just let us all know. Look like they could be Pace but I don't know much really.

I dunno why people aren't riding gears anymore, I guess it's because you don't need them for comps, and we all like riding really slowly stood up.

Here you go mate,

newbike.jpg

Looks like an awesome ride, you're gonna have a fair few people asking what those forks are, so you may as well just let us all know. Look like they could be Pace but I don't know much really.

I dunno why people aren't riding gears anymore, I guess it's because you don't need them for comps, and we all like riding really slowly stood up.

Cheers mate!

The forks are a set of bontrager switchblade. have been realy good , light as fook stiff and the prefect ride hight.

though saying all that im looking for a new set of forks for it so gona flogg those now.

Also fitted a set of schwalbe tabletop tyers to it now , much lighter and grippyer!

Hello there, I am Jasper from Rotterdam the Netherlands.

25 years old, and new to trials riding. I've been riding flatland and tried my hand at riding streets mtb.

But enough about me and on to the bike.

It's a woodman elite which I build up myself.

frame: Woodman Elite 2004

Fork: Planet X Knifen

Brakes: Hayes 9HfX DH using 203mm rotor, rear magura hs33 try-all with brakebooster

Bars: Point racing DH / Try-all Yourself replica

Headset: FSA the pig DH

Grips: no-name lock on's

Saddle: San Marco

Seatpost: BBB

Seatpost clamp: woodman deathgrip

Cranks: Try-all 170mm

Pedals: bbb freeride

Chain: KHE halflink

Hubs: front: Shimano xt, rear: Shimano deore

Rims: front: Try-all 39mm black mirror, rear Try-all 47mm black

Tires: front: Kenda Nevegal 2.1 rear: try-all sticky 2.5

Tubes: Maxxis DH

pbpic1354620.jpg

So let me know what you think, tips are always welcome!

I'm still fidling with the bar setup. Because I am a tall bloke. Should I slap on some higher risers or put on a higher stem?

Edited by Japsel

My Base built up with a mix of old downhill parts and new bits from work. I used to have a T-bird years ago( the lx brake and levers were from that actually) but thought I'd get back into trials for something I could just go out my door and ride. Too bad its getting too frosty and icy where I am to ride much now.

good2rd1.jpg

1001080du0.jpg

And my home made tensioner: part of a stabilizer bracket, bushings and bolt from a knacked tourney mech, the packaging off a sram gripshift, and some electrical tape. I might get a proper spring for it but you can get elastic bands anywhere!

It almost runs without a tensioner anyway but I don't want to risk it eh

tensioneral0.jpg

My 2 puppie's at the min, have had the "Identity" 4 a lil over a year, might b time 2 get rid of... & i've had the other bike 4 a month or 2, whas just an old "Saracen M.A.D" that i chopped, sprayed & slapped 2gether just 4 somethin 2 practice on, I am buyin & buildin from new not long after new year's so if you got any idea's then give me a shout...

"Identity"

http://en.netlog.com/BA3ANGEL/photo/photoid=3174794#photos

Converted "Saracen M.A.D"

http://en.netlog.com/BA3ANGEL/photo/photoid=10567932#photos

I hope these link's work...lol