What Is My Photography Like?

Jonny Shoe

Welcome to the most critical photography forum on the internet...

I think the shots are technically ok. The first shot is from a really dull vantage point, and could do with a higher shutter speed. The sillouette one is ok, but he looks like he's falling out the tree onto the pointy spire. The second looks like he's falling out the sky onto his head... The third is the best, but again, it's just bland. If you'd moved around to your right so you could see his face, the effort, where he's looking for his landing, it would be so much better. I think even getting in closer would improve the shots.

The bottom three though, it's always wide with the guy bang in the middle. Ok, not great.

Welcome to the most critical photography forum on the internet...

I think the shots are technically ok. The first shot is from a really dull vantage point, and could do with a higher shutter speed. The sillouette one is ok, but he looks like he's falling out the tree onto the pointy spire. The second looks like he's falling out the sky onto his head... The third is the best, but again, it's just bland. If you'd moved around to your right so you could see his face, the effort, where he's looking for his landing, it would be so much better. I think even getting in closer would improve the shots.

The bottom three though, it's always wide with the guy bang in the middle. Ok, not great.

^ This ^

Faster shutter speeds and some different angles. In my opinion the moment is captured at the right point.

Dan

Thanks for the comments, some of them I don't understand though because I have only just started this photography lark, explanations would be much appreciated. Will take them on board, and get some other angles next time.

The camera is a Fujifilm one, not quite sure what model, it is quite old though, will upload some more snaps later, but most are similar to ones above and that won't please "F-Stop Junkie" :P:-

Keep the comments coming, and F-Stop junkie, much appreciated will take into account next shoot.

Not bad, the one with the two guys in it would be better if you were lower to the ground i think, so your looking up at their faces.

On your camera there should be a sport mode under the menu i'd imagine, turn this on and it should reduce/remove most of the blurring on the action shots.

The handstand one would be better if you could see the ground as well, also crop it so it's portrait to focus the photo on the guy doing the move.

hope that makes sense.

Dan