Dodgy Looking People

Adam t

I was riding keighley town last week and had to look after the bikes while every one went to the chip shop anyway.........this guy comes up to me in the most scruffiest clothes youve ever seen and says " orite mate how much do them bikes cost"

at this point i was sooooo scared he was going to run off with mine and my mates bikes!

so i just told him that my mates xtp was about 100 pound new but it had a dent in so it wasnt that much at all :)

soo anyone else had this problem of dodgy people askin you for "gos" on your bike or how much it costs?

Edited by Adam t

yea quite a number of times. I usually say its worth half the price of what it actually cost but I think next time i'll say the same as what you said.

You do have to be carefull what you say though as there's a lot of dodgy people out there! :ermm:

Yeah, Happens to me alot, 'chavs' come up to me and say "lets ave a diche" I normally just tell them is broken or they say ill let you hold my coat for a go on your bike... Errr no, why would i want to hold a shitty fake Fred Perry coat that you just bought from the market... :D

If someone dodgy asks how much it costs just square up to them and say, "not as much as the knife in my pocket."

It could go one of two ways: they'll run away, leaving the bike; or they'll pull out their knife, stab you and run off... leaving the bike. Either way you get to keep it!

You gotta love 'em!

I had some hobo-ish guy come up to me and some mates in Aylesbury, saying 'I can do all that! I used to be on Channel4 Sports! Gimme you bike an' I'll show you a 360 or summit?'

:rolleyes:

If someone dodgy asks how much it costs just square up to them and say, "not as much as the knife in my pocket."

It could go one of two ways: they'll run away, leaving the bike; or they'll pull out their knife, stab you and run off... leaving the bike. Either way you get to keep it!

^^Made me laugh! Would you really get stabbed to keep your bike though? Come to think of it, I might, I do love my bike, and seeing as I have no money whatsoever, Im not gonna let anyone take it, otherwise that'd be my riding days over. Then again you might die, abit?!

Alun

hey guy's me and few mate's were riding portsmouth when these two pikey looking people pulled up to us in a transit van and said what tricks can you do and got out the van and started watching they were scuffy looking buy this point i shat my self they was watching for a wile and asked how much our bikes were worth one of my dinlo mate's said about £1500 i was oh my god were going to get mugged so we carred on riding and after a wile they got in there transit and went i had ago at my mate and said never say how much your bikes worth let alone £1500 to some pikey's :lol:

Cheers mod_rider_69 (Y)

Edited by mod_rider_69

Thats a good point actually, I'd never thought of that, I always tell people the real value of my bike, and also let some people have a go. I'm not going to now!

Also, if anyone has given a non-trials rider a go on your bike, noticed how wobbly they are? And how they try to sit down?! Makes me smile evry time.

Alun

Happened to me in leicester yesterday, i was left on bike duty (about 7 bikes, coust, monty etc) whilst everyone else was in subway getting food when 3 townie rude boys came up and asked why our dirt bikes had no seats, his chav mate corrected him by saying "nah, they're trials bikes man they not meant to have a seat are they bruv?" i just smiled and said no.

I got asked how much they're worth and what tricks we could do and where we go riding. I said they're about £400 ish and that its not really tricks and stuff but more sort of riding over things in a funky way.. but we can do 180's and things if we like.

Despite being very dodgy looking, they seemed generally interested and as such i treated them normally and there wasn't a problem they just said bye and went off into town.

Just to show that looks can be deceiving... and that being 6'5" helps to make people think twice about starting s**t :lol:

Thats a good point actually, I'd never thought of that, I always tell people the real value of my bike, and also let some people have a go. I'm not going to now!

Also, if anyone has given a non-trials rider a go on your bike, noticed how wobbly they are? And how they try to sit down?! Makes me smile evry time.

Alun

My GF is not shakey at all, weird, there is no hidden meaning meant, she always nicks off on my bike, she's never been shakey though.

Yeah , chavs do that all the time one came up to me when i was on my bike and said 'is that a trials bike' i said yes and then he said ' so its a bmx'

and then claimed he had one, asked how much it was and kept walking up and doown the street i just told him to F*ck off , he got the message

Happened to me in leicester yesterday, i was left on bike duty (about 7 bikes, coust, monty etc) whilst everyone else was in subway getting food when 3 townie rude boys came up and asked why our dirt bikes had no seats, his chav mate corrected him by saying "nah, they're trials bikes man they not meant to have a seat are they bruv?" i just smiled and said no.

I got asked how much they're worth and what tricks we could do and where we go riding. I said they're about £400 ish and that its not really tricks and stuff but more sort of riding over things in a funky way.. but we can do 180's and things if we like.

Despite being very dodgy looking, they seemed generally interested and as such i treated them normally and there wasn't a problem they just said bye and went off into town.

Just to show that looks can be deceiving... and that being 6'5" helps to make people think twice about starting s**t :lol:

yer my bike looks like its worth note anyway :) .

I am one of those strange people you meet when your out :huh:

ask Lanky_Ricky i scared the shit out of him 2ce now!! funny seeing as hes a 6 foot 5 musle machine and i 5 foot 10 :Plol

^^Made me laugh! Would you really get stabbed to keep your bike though?

no i have punched people for it an if they get up an stabb me.... ptch well that would suck....... but if they didnt take my bike........ ^_^

Had to look after like 6 bikes once, when everyone went into halford just to get 1 innertube <_<

These 2 chav's came up and said 'So, which one can we take?'

I just said 'none :ermm: '

Edited by BeNNy

:D Agreed. And they all pull endos and you hold your breath that they wont go over the bars and but a nice big scratch in your bike?

Chav: lets have a go on you bike m8, bruttt!

Me: let me bum you first

Chav: wat m8, wat u chattin

Me: let me bum you now

Chav: f**k of you queer c**t

Me: Come her I'm going to bum you.

Works everytime :shifty:

ha nice one scopse

i forgot to mention that yesterday next to the jump park at shipley glen this guy on a mountain bike came up to me and my mate and said " orite mate...............are they trials bikes?....................can i have a go" my mate just made up an excuse that he had a slow puncture so nobody was allowed on :shifty:

if someone did try to run off with my bike id dive on their back and hope they fall off that would probably work best

hi i hate when people(chavs) do that. i say my bike is about £150 new and if they ask for a go just so no if they keep asking keep says no if they try to go on it hit them lol i have never had to do that though.

the questions that chavs ask and the answers i give them is :

q) "wheres your seat mate"

a) "oh my mum uses it as a dildo"

q) "lets have a shot on your bike"

a) lets have a shot wi your mum"

chav: "du you want a f**king smack"

me: no why?

then they just go away but sometimes you have to make a run for it ^_^

Works everytime :shifty:

LMFAO!! im trying that next time!! hahahaha!

Works everytime shifty.gif

If you do that in newark you it may not work as well as you think they are all imbreds so they dont think that well but if you do all you have to do is say "why dont you talk to your brother" with the stupidness within them they will probly look at you in a strange way and just walk away it always works with me :thumbsup: