Tensile Freewheels.

Mark W

Havent you ordered one? Wait for that to arrive and strip that :shifty:

It still isnt here :(

I aint gonna strip it :P

Il probably fook it, or loose some barings or summit :P

EDIT: ignore that ^^^^ ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And its f**king awesome!

Im off riding, cyas laters :)

Edited by terror-error

You all f**king owe me. And I owe Ad Read a phone call so he can explain his 'easy' way to reassemble them...

IPB Image

Minus a lockring.

IPB Image

Minus a lockring + outer bearings.

IPB Image

Minus a driveshell 'n' stuff.

The pictures aren't great 'cos taking pictures of mad shiny stuff in dark rooms isn't ideal.

If anyone wants close-ups of anything, I've got this one still in pieces in a tub next to me.

The body's surprisingly high quality, in fairness. There doesn't appear to be much difference between the quality of this and my Eno, so yeah, all good for £35 or whatever they work out as :)

Yeah, but i can't be botherd. They do accept solo over the phone so why not on the site? :huh:

Looks like someone at Supercycles was reading your post

Please note; we DO accept SOLO cards, simply choose Switch/Maestro when making your order

Looks like someone at Supercycles was reading your post

Haha, bitchin. :)

That's 3 online shops i've changed with my meddling. Woo.

Edited by JT!

• 2 weeks later...

You all f**king owe me. And I owe Ad Read a phone call so he can explain his 'easy' way to reassemble them...

IPB Image

Minus a lockring.

IPB Image

Minus a lockring + outer bearings.

IPB Image

Minus a driveshell 'n' stuff.

The pictures aren't great 'cos taking pictures of mad shiny stuff in dark rooms isn't ideal.

If anyone wants close-ups of anything, I've got this one still in pieces in a tub next to me.

The body's surprisingly high quality, in fairness. There doesn't appear to be much difference between the quality of this and my Eno, so yeah, all good for £35 or whatever they work out as :)

Jesus Christ! :o How many pawls does this badboy have?! :S Looks like there are loads. And are they all off-set, or just half and half?

Either way, the internals of that freewheel, for £35, are actually amazing!! (Y)

Well done Tensile/Supercycles/Onza :P .

Cheers,

Joe.

Everyone 'cept me, stripping my older production model one with loose ball when I could've done my newer one with lovely caged bearings :P

6 pawls and 6 springs, Joe, so there are 2 engaged at each time. I was initially told it was 2 sets of 3, but evidently not :P

(Y)

Lockring came undone :S One of the pawls is MIA and another has snapped at the pivot. Boy am i glad they are caged bearings! Thumbs up to whoever made that decision back at the factory.

Put it back together and it works okay, but i'm scared for my face as at two of the engagement points it will only be engaging on one pawl :(

I'm not going to bash it yet though, up until today it was spot on and the best freewheel I have owned.

I just noticed at Tarty it says full range of spares available soon, so worst comes to the worst i can try something else (Eno maybe?) and then fix it when spares are available. I'll happily try another Tensile as this shouldn't of happened, but would be reluctant if I am expected to pay full price. I guess I will have till Tuesday to see.

Edit: I just wanted to add that people shouldn't let this put them off buying one. As it shouldn't have happened because the with the lockring design it should always be tightening itself, so i wouldn't expect anyone else to have the same problem. I know what the TF rumor mill can be like sometimes

Edited by MaXsteri

On the front

It is super weird, maybe the lockring was loose from new or something, i cant say i checked. Its not the kind of thing you do really is it.

its because ur bb isnt long enough i had that problem today but my whole freewheel locks up when its loose... luckily

joe