Illegal Drugs;

1a2bcio8

think about it like this - Drugs are massively, hugely wide spread in every country, in every town.

WHY? ...........is it because people like to waste hard earned money? is it because they are are 'scumbags'? or it is because theres something in it? something that people enjoy? Drugs are wide spread for a reason. they can elevate you to somewhere else, chill you out, relax you, eleviate pain or give you that confidence, a high, a dance like nobodys watching attitude. Im not wholly condoning them, they can utterlly ruin a persons life but they have there place in society that is now so huge it can never ever be eradicated and is here to stay.

Heroin is a nasty, filthy drug and should be stamped out it. it has increased crime in the uk and drains peoples souls it is also one of the biggest spreaders of HIV in the modern world.

Cocaine, Ecstacy, cannabis, speed, GHB, LSD etc i belive should be legalised. You would immediatelly relive drug dealers and anyone else concerned of their duties, all substances would be produced in controlled circumstances by trusted pharmacutical firms meaning no chance of bad batches, coke being cut up with baking soda, 1 pill killing people etc, the goverment could tax them meaning increased revenue for the NHS ,education system, lower priced fuel and cigarettes and within 10 years it would be as wholy accepted as the biggest killing, wide spread drug of them all - Alcahol

Thats my thoughts anyway .........

what makes heroin worse than the others?

health argument....

a dose of GHB does you a lot more lasting damage than a dose of smack (clean smack does you almost no physical harm at all )

social argument...

By legalising cocaine you legalise crack which is considerably more addictive than heroin .

If you take the US into account, cocaine has caused an order of magnitude more in the way of social degradation and crime than heroin has ever managed. It's cheaper and easier to produce than smack, easier to smuggle, easier to take, cheaper to buy in quantity and still manages to be extremely profitable.

Can't really argue with the others except GHB - it's just nasty poisonous shit.

I fully agree in principle that drugs should be legally available - the only way to control them is to license their sale and use.

Tax is an excellent argument - the revenues would be enormous.

Cleanliness is another excellent argument - the government would check standards of factories and products and ensure people weren't fed shite drugs.

bored now...

Im not a fan of drugs in general, for example the amount of deaths which alcohol causes is fanominal.

Alcohol

Alcohol is the most commonly used drugs in England. Being a depressant drug, it slows down the activity of the brain and the central nervous system. In moderation alcohol is not harmful to most adults. When Children drink it, children being up to the age of 21-problems occur. Many peopl's liver's have not properly developed and are unable to cope with the intake. The brain also is not yet developed and brain cells are killed, the effects of alcohol stay in the body's sytem for 3 weeks and when children are learning it is obviusly going to make them less accute and responsive. Parts of the brain are shut of therefore it is unable to intake alot of the information which is trying to be learnt. Excessive drinking in all ages cause a number of social, personal and health problems. When people are not 100% in control of their speech, movement and judgement it can lead to accidents, drink driving, unsafe sex, assault, self-harm or overdose. For some, drinking can jeopardise their job, relationships, and cause legal or financial difficulties.

Alcohol is still a legal drug and with the problems linked to it, I belive I shouldn't be or at least should be regulatled alot better.

Kindney problems

The blood in your body passes through your kidneys and is filtered.

This means that if you have harmful drugs or chemicals in your bloodstream, many of these poisons will travel through your kidneys.

Your kidneys will work hard to take these poisons out of your blood and pass them on to the bladder to be excreted.

Your kidneys are tough, but not invincible. The more drugs you use, the more exposure your kidneys will have to poisons.

You may end up with immediate and temporary (acute) kidney failure. Or your kidneys may be silently and slowly damaged over years, with the end result being permanent (chronic) kidney failure.

Cannabis

The effect of any drug depends on a variety of factors. These include the amount taken, weight of the user, past drug experiences, the method in which it is used and the circumstances in which the drug is taken (the place, feelings of the user, people present, whether alcohol or other drugs and medications are taken at the same time). These factors will vary from person to person and from time to time.

Short term effects of small doses involve the nervous system, the heart and the circulation.

The most common short term effects of a small dose of Cannabis are:

impaired balance and coordination;

a ‘high’—with a tendency to talk and laugh more than usual;

difficulties with memory retention and retrieval;

an increase in heart rate;

decreased inhibitions, such as being more likely to engage in risky behaviour such as unsafe sexual practice, and dangerous driving; and

if smoked, the effects on the lungs are similar to tobacco smoke. This can make asthma and other respiratory problems worse.

These effects usually lead to feelings of slowing down and drowsiness.

Short term effects of large doses.

The most common short term effects of a large dose are:

hallucinations;

vomiting;

feelings of panic or intense anxiety;

blacking out;

changes in perception of time, sound, colour, distance, touch and other sensations;

restlessness; and

confusion.

Long term effects...

If Cannabis is taken on a regular basis over a long period of time then the following health problems may be experienced:

tolerance — more of the drug is needed to produce the same effect;

increased risk of damage to lungs and lung functioning;

a decrease in motivation;

a decrease in concentration;

difficulties with memory and ability to learn new tasks;

decreased sex drive;

lowered sperm count in men; and

irregular menstrual cycles in women.

Cannabis & mental illness...

There is strong and increasing evidence to show that any use of Cannabis by people who have had a nervous breakdown is unwise and should be discouraged. When people are ‘stoned’ they can forget to take their medications and Cannabis makes delusions, mood swings and hallucinations worse. This is especially so with feelings of paranoia. In these cases Cannabis can trigger off further bouts of illness and or destabilise the treatment of illness. More than 50% of people admitted to hospital under detention (against their will) have been using Cannabis which has contributed to their admission.

How long do the effects of Cannabis use last?

Intoxicating effects occur within seconds to minutes and can last for three hours;

for larger doses the effects last longer;

effects on thinking and co-ordination can last up to 24 hours;

short term memory loss can last for a number of weeks; and

complete elimination of a single dose can take up to 3 months

Smoking

Loss of taste and sense of smell

Stains on fingers and teeth

Skin becomes dry which can cause more wrinkles

Growth of lungs and physical fitness is affected

May develop ‘smokers cough’ and have more illnesses such as bronchitis

May cause painful and irregular periods for women

More likely to suffer from depression, use alcohol, marijuana and cocaine

Cigarettes are expensive.

Smokers have an increased risk of:

Heart attacks and circulatory diseases

Cancer of the lung, throat, mouth, bladder, kidney, pancreas, cervix and stomach

Respiratory infections including pneumonia and bronchitis and the potentially fatal lung disease emphysema

Stomach ulcers

Blood clots

Impotence in men

Most Drugs are not good at all and cause serius problems.

Calum

LMFAO!!!!!!!! ROFL PSML!!!!!! that is the biggest pile of bullshit i have ever heard!! oh noes i used to smoke a couple whilst i was down the pub with mates, now im a manicly depressed cocaine addict!

get a life mate!

ben

I dunno - I smoke and I could do with a line or 3 right about now to cheer me up.

- good news for caffeine addicts though. coffee makes sperm swim faster - the tv told me.

how often do you smoke pinky?

a joint a day keeps them bad men away :turned:

pretty much.. I fall into a deep sleep when ive had a smoke, I also find it increases my productivity as I can concentrate more and im more relaxed the next day. Maybe its just I have a dependency for it who knows im not saying cannabis is the holy herb which fixes everything but its put my life into perspective and has helped me. I have never had any signs of mental illness im pretty stable I would say just a short term memory :-

Another thought I had which I wanted to bring up was the Dutch report on mental illness connected through smoking cannabis but I cant seem to find it :(

LMFAO!!!!!!!! ROFL PSML!!!!!! that is the biggest pile of bullshit i have ever heard!! oh noes i used to smoke a couple whilst i was down the pub with mates, now im a manicly depressed cocaine addict!

get a life mate!

ben

Yer man get a life and start smoking crack, hmmm maybe you need to reconsider what you just said mate.

I think some people are using this thread for a discussion and some people are doing it to let the world know they do drugs, your Blue peter badge is in the post.

Opinion wise, never done any drugs like weed or whatever have had alcohol in moderation but don't drink that much at all, a lot of people around me do both but i don't really feel the urge.

Edited by minitrialer

get a life mate!

ben

f**k of you fanny, I hate bastards like you who assume that their opinion is always right, and in turn, put others down becuase of it.

oooh - handbag?

He has a point, most people who smoke fags don't end up crackheads.

There's probably an argument to suggest that if you're the type of person to go out and try something like smoking fags you're more likely to go out and try smoking crack.

Those sort of people are probably more likely to take other kinds of risk as well though, like riding bikes off high things for example.

Never smoked or drank in my life.

In my opinion though all drugs should be legalized, its the users choice. It could help lower crime, drugs at the supermarket = no need for drugdealers. No bad drugdealers means no bad drug deals which means less killings. People who want drugs are always going to get them somehow. I think more emphasis should also be put on education on more drugs; instead of them being a hush-hush topic in schools.

Edited by Bennnn

I agree with legalising 'soft' drugs, as this could lead to them being much safer and cleaner. There wouldn't be much point in taxing them a lot though, because users would just continue to buy from dealers to avoid it.

Hard drugs should be kept illegal though, to legalise heroin and such would just lead to more peoples lives being f**ked up in my opinion.

Alun

Never smoked or drank in my life.

In my opinion though all drugs should be legalized, its the users choice. It could help lower crime, drugs at the supermarket = no need for drugdealers. No bad drugdealers means no bad drug deals which means less killings . People who want drugs are always going to get them somehow. I think more emphasis should also be put on education on more drugs; instead of them being a hush-hush topic in schools.

What's bold is bull, when have you ever heard of someone killing their dealer for a bad deal?

Italics are where it's at, prohibition does not work.

Just wondering what are peoples views on DEALers? as all i have read(not all of this post) people sterotype them as BAD people, yet every dealer i have picked up has been the just a normal person, and these dealers deal in everything really part from dirty shit, even a few of my friends are big dealers.

Stav

There wouldnt be a problem with drugs if there wasnt dealers. To be honest, i dont care if they want to sell there shit, but only to over 18s. Noone under. As they are probably, being pushed into it. E.g. Peer pressure. Thats my Opinion. If someone wants to dispute....i like a good arguement ;)

Legalising drugs has meny valid pros and cons.

Pros -

You know what will be in the drugs you buy

limiting drugs sold would mean less OD'ing

would create a good revenue

Cons -

Would be excesivley Marked up

Would allow easier access of drugs to those who before couldnt get them

would push street dealer harder into selling their product, ie meaning they wil give worse cuts, more shit mixed in to get more profit from the falling market

the lists could go on. I dont think having them available to all in shops is the way, but droping the centancing for them would be an idea.

7 years in Jail for possesion of any Class A is a bit steep..

Say you just going to a party and have 2-3 E with you for yourself, that doesnt warrent 7 years, and all that tax payers money to correct.

Just wondering what are peoples views on DEALers? as all i have read(not all of this post) people sterotype them as BAD people, yet every dealer i have picked up has been the just a normal person, and these dealers deal in everything really part from dirty shit, even a few of my friends are big dealers.

Stav

They take the number one spot on the "scurge of the country" list for me. Second would be whores, third is druggies.

Can't stand having skinny little arseholes asking me for change with methadone in hand... without dealers that nips that problem in the bud. And considering most whores are pimped by dealers or working the streets to pay for drugs, it would cut down on that problem too.

7 years in Jail for possesion of any Class A is a bit steep..

Say you just going to a party and have 2-3 E with you for yourself, that doesnt warrent 7 years, and all that tax payers money to correct.

The c*nts should be happy with seven years... if England was run under my regime they would be put up against a firing wall. Just like people who exceed the speed limit would have their vehicle torched right infront of them... maybe with them in it.

My experience of drug dealers is that they're disgusting arseholes that're too lazy or too young to get a job. I'd rather see my taxes go towards having them killed than supporting them in killing society with filthy drugs. Because around here if a druggy can't afford a fix, they mug someone (usually stabbing them in the process); if that victim dies then the dealer, in my eyes, is just as responsible as the druggy.

So, to sum it up, I would rather see my taxes used to murder them than pay their benefit claims which fund their "job."

End of rant.

PS. This whole thing is stupid now... like a debate about paedophile's.

"what do we think of them?"

"Well, i don't mind them... legalising paedophilia would have pro's and con's."

"Ok, so what do we think of parents?"

"Well, they could always make a business of whoring their kids out and make free money?"

Druggies, dealers, paedophiles alike - they're all criminals. Put them away or put them under. Simple as.

They take the number one spot on the "scurge of the country" list for me. Second would be whores, third is druggies.

Can't stand having skinny little arseholes asking me for change with methadone in hand... without dealers that nips that problem in the bud. And considering most whores are pimped by dealers or working the streets to pay for drugs, it would cut down on that problem too.

The c*nts should be happy with seven years... if England was run under my regime they would be put up against a firing wall. Just like people who exceed the speed limit would have their vehicle torched right infront of them... maybe with them in it.

My experience of drug dealers is that they're disgusting arseholes that're too lazy or too young to get a job. I'd rather see my taxes go towards having them killed than supporting them in killing society with filthy drugs. Because around here if a druggy can't afford a fix, they mug someone (usually stabbing them in the process); if that victim dies then the dealer, in my eyes, is just as responsible as the druggy.

So, to sum it up, I would rather see my taxes used to murder them than pay their benefit claims which fund their "job."

End of rant.

PS. This whole thing is stupid now... like a debate about paedophile's.

"what do we think of them?"

"Well, i don't mind them... legalising paedophilia would have pro's and con's."

"Ok, so what do we think of parents?"

"Well, they could always make a business of whoring their kids out and make free money?"

Druggies, dealers, paedophiles alike - they're all criminals. Put them away or put them under. Simple as.

I feel sorry for you mate. Having that much anger and lack of understanding must suck balls.

People who end up in these situations don't do so out of choice. Do you imagine anyone saying as a child, "When I grow older I want to sell degenerative drugs or risk my health and safety selling my body on the streets"? People are unfortunately born into and surrounded by circumstances that lead to these types of behaviour and which we are all guilty of contributing to. Lack of understanding, sympathy and compassion being several strong contributions. Have you ever considered that your opinion fuels these problems?

And you really want to punish these people by shooting them? You don't think that they're present suffering is enough? Personally I'd prefer to help them. The idea of happy person sits in my head a lot better than the idea of a dead person.

Edited by rowly

My experience of drug dealers is that they're disgusting arseholes that're too lazy or too young to get a job.

Out of interest what are those experiences? I assume you've had a fair few experiences, enough to justify your opinion anyway.

Where to start.

That post was so shit I have no idea where to start tearing it down.

as said, what is your experience with dealers?

All the dealers I have met have had good secure jobs, and simply supply a service they can to people they want. There is no pushy sales, infact no sales as they are asked when they can supply.

Seems to me you have watched trainspotting or some other film of the nature and taken that to be gospal.

How could you constitute killing someone for possesion of Class A, with no intent to sell of supply, but for personal consumption. For all you know your parents could have enjoyed that stuff in their prime, but you would rather have them shot.

And the fact that some Class A drugs are used in medicine, but no, you would rather all those people suffer, and die.

My lord being so Close Minded must hurt.

By the By, how many times do you see a homless dude on the street shotting up asking for change as he does it?

Yes if he has become homless due to his own addictions its his fault, but he should be allowed help.

I so hope you end up homeless just so you can see how hard life like that is.

But my conception of you from your post is that you come from a rich family, and your mummies little Marmite soldier who gets all the money and possesions hes ever wanted.

Get some experience before you spout a worthless opinon

Two years ago when i was 12 a dealer came up to me and my mates and offered to sell us two ''patches'' of heroin. We said no and he was getting really pushy about trying to sell it to us, we kept saying no and he started going ''fine then how about weed, best you can get in Woking'' we eventually ran away after a while and I didn't really think much of it at the time, but what piece of shit would sell heroin to a 12 year old boy? seriously those sort of people really are scum...