Tyres

When tyres have good wear rate, they have bad grip, and visa vera.

CreepyC's are cheap enough to keep replacing them. And i find that the front CreepyC wears down twice as slow as the rear one. So you replace both, then the rear, then both, then the rear, untill the day you die.

Try-alls i think are suposed to be even softer.

Yes they are softer, just stick with the creepy crawlers to be honest, grip is good and they dont wear down THAT fast.

Although i have never tried the monty, i think they are good at grip but not sure about wear life

cheers Ewan

Creapy Crawlers are more softer and grippy than echo and monty (with yellow line) tyres. They are also two times cheaper than try-alls. I only hadn't grip with them in winter when they were worn down and when I was riding on snow. :blink: So keep on using CCs ;)

weight

try-all: 561g front and 1113g rear.

maxxis: 688g front and 1042g rear.

Edited by jumper

The montys aren't that grippy, and they pinch like a mother bitch.

Although i don't like ride mod, i'd stick with creepy crawlers, the grip is good, and the wear rate is acceptable for such a grippy tyre.

Ian

Is that the new Monty's? Or they crappy yellow lined ones.

The Try-All and Creepy Crawlers use the same compound, so they'll have fairly similar wear rates, just so's you know. I run Try-all front and a CC rear, and I'm almost tempted to get a Try-All rear too. The grip from the front tyre is amazing, and if the rear tyre's even half as good it'd still be pretty awesome. I'm not keen on the feel of CCs, nor their weird rebound characteristics on off-camber stuff, but they're still mad cheap so I'll probably just end up buying more of them :P