Are The Streets Safe !

Hi everyone ,round my end recently (heanor) it has started to become abit ruff and it has ocourd to me that certain parts of heanor are off limits because of certain individuals.Recently there has been abit of trouble between trials riders and chavs (no offence), recent incidents have involded fights and threats with foster getting constantly caned.Has anyone else experienced these sorts of problems. (N)

Hi everyone ,round my end recently (heanor) it has started to become abit ruff and it has ocourd to me that certain parts of heanor are off limits because of certain individuals.Recently there has been abit of trouble between trials riders and chavs (no offence), recent incidents have involded fights and threats with foster getting constantly caned.Has anyone else experienced these sorts of problems. (N)

It's life now which i find appauling

hey i live in bingham which i think is near heanor its quite bad near me i no a lot of the people who hanf round on street corners getting drunk so its not so bad for me there not goign to do enthing so in that bit im quite lucky. At the end of the day your on a bike there probley not so just ride off move on 2 a diferent spot.

Problems with chavs (no affence) is when your trying to film there get in the way on purpose and it gets anoying.

joe

ive never had it as bad as fight and threats but i constantly have to keep an eye on my bike and people around me even if im on the train. if things dont seem right and dont like the chavs ( i hope to cause affence as most chavs are nob heads ) i just ride off. and one thing i never do is get a camera or phone out.

Yes it is a pain, altough i do think stereotyping these 'tards as chavs is quiet unfair. Once you get to know the majority of 'chavs' tend to be pretty friendly, and all my locals are not far off chavs themselves. I think the people that really cause the problems are the idiots that run around threatening/annoying and whatever else you said, and you should focus your anger on these rather than 'chavs' as a whole.

Rob

hi rob i wasnt meaning to course any offence i know some decent people like that but then there are the select few who have to be differnt and push everything to far wich is apualing and make the youth of today seem like vandals and theives.

Edited by baseguy

Most 'Chavs' these days will rather you feel intimidated by them then want to beat you up. Just try to look as if they don't bother you and go from there. If they leave you alone, fine. But if they start getting dodgy and coming up to, then just walk away. He may think he's the better man, but it's better you walk away than there being a chance you get hurt or lose your bike.

If you stand up to them, you'll not only get a grudge with each other for a long time, but he/she might get their mates to pay you a visit, and it could escalate from there.

So just try to act as if your not a weakling, but not someone who wants trouble and they should be fine with you. Unless they are just out to be twats.

But if you do feel threatened or find yourself in a bad place remember, out of the two of you, you have a better weapon with your bike, unless he has a knife or something.

Getting like this in some places all over the country, unfortunately.

My nice lil bit of suburbia is completely safe, never had any problems whatsoever.

No graffiti, very little drunkeness, certainly no gun crime or whatever.

But then again, you pay a premium for the privalege... An area about 10 miles of here called Purley is the UK's most expensive post code apparently.

This is what makes London odd. There are areas completely fine and posh, then utterly shite areas right next to each other. Anyone who's ever been to Dulwich will know what i mean: Hollywood stars buy their houses there in Dulwich Village, and yet not a mile down the road is Lewisham and some of the roughest areas in the UK.

Anywho... In Central London (City especially) i've never had any problems of any kind.

Hey ...

I live in Mansfield and it's going mad! to night we got chased by people on bmx's because squince picked up one of their stunt pegs and put it on a wall :lol: :$ and the amount of tramps sleeping on the park opposite were we live now is getting stupid! Mansfield needs sorting out because every were we go we either ger kicked off or chased off :lol:

Cheers (Y)

Jack Gibson!

hey, i live in Roundhay, Leeds and my area isnt so bad, its pretty green :P , but it neighbours with bad areas like Gipton and Chapel Town, so we do get the odd chav thinking hes bad straying out of his play-pen to cause some trouble, but i find that most trouble makers stick to main roads, or in my case at least.

Al

'chavs' tend to be pretty friendly - haha what world do you come from?

Chav's all are just idiots in general, the only reason why they don't start trouble is if they think you'd defend yourself or they know you from school or somewhere else, or they know someone that knows you.

Where i'm from Oxford they normally are alrite unless theres more than 5 of them and your riding somewhere that they normally chill at or they have to walk through you all...

But in general the streets are safe, remember the CCTV is watching all the time and if you don't feel safe somewhere move where you do... i.e wheres theres more people or by a road...

:turned:

Havnt really been riding for like 2 months now :(

But when i did go riding, used to ALWAYS get trouble from chavs n stuff!

One time, i was filming, and then a chav came up and started to talk a load of shit, the he said, "Watch you bike when im around, il nick it" I just replied, "try it" and he just walked off :)

Never had any trouble in Heanor what so ever :S I suppose it dont help with you probably going to school with half the tossers in heanor though?

Damn it, I wish I were cool enough to hang about outside UK Chicken...one day...one day.

foster getting constantly caned

:S When was that? lol

It's happened quite a few times now matt, it's just rediculas now days, you cna't even walk round anywere without a constant 'What you looking at ?' and 'Do you wanna smack ? ' it just dissapoints me that it gets like this around here. And most trials riders in heanor bikes are exactly cheap bike either it's just not worth the risk of getting it stolen from you. (N)

Hello.Recently chavs have been hanging around near to the skate park near to me, the only hassle i have off them is them asking for a go on my bike. But they give all the skaters a lot of greif e.g. Skate boards been stolen and shouting abuse at them. But a lot of These guys have trials bikes themselves so they dont bother laughing if you fall over.

cheers Abe

We don't get any chav's down here really.

To tell the truth every chav I've ever met has tried to rob my bike or just been a bell end.

Where I live everyone between about 15 and 20 know's eachother pretty much, but a few day's ago some random T**t dressed in all his white tracksuit with his blingage was shouting something at me when I was riding my BMX back from the skate park so I just stopped to see what he wanted (since I had my earphones in and couldn't hear anything) and he just randomly smacked me in the face :S . So me being me I went sick and threw my bmx on the ground and smacked him back about 5 times :P

Yer your bound to get them some time and some place. Its annoying that chavs try to take our stuff when weve forked out our own money to pay for it and some **** decides he wants it and take it... i say im getting a weapon (police baton or summink :- )

joe

Edited by joewhite

You do all realise this just starts happening as you get older ? Society isn't going down the tubes all of a sudden, it's been in the gutter since somebody first decided to build a house next door to somebody they weren't related to.

When I was a lad back in the early 90s the same shit happened to me all the time, gangs of arseholes in baseball caps and enormous trousers stealing bikes off people, joyriding etc. etc. - guns were a bit less common but they were still there. The older I got, the more of it I saw, over the last few years it's tailed off but it's only really because I'm a lot older than the average chav and I'm not hanging around on the streets of an evening any more.

Chavs are everywhere these days and even though i may be classed a chav myself i never try to intimidate people n stuff like that unless there just dicks! But when your riding you just got to get on with it and if any of em try anything. Just show em a bit of fist. Also how come everyone on here is from up north im from london plenty of dodgey peeps round ere you lot should think yourself lucky

Well actuly everywere is getting the same as london, my town used to be quite and peicefull and now u hear of murder stabbings intimidation and asult its not right. Because of our views on life ,music taste and dress sence we all get started on and get jumped .This seems to leave a realy bad impretion on older people of our comunity even thow all of the riders were i live are quite well behaved , i allways move for elderly people and mothers because it is how i would like to be treated when im older and if we can set a good example then myabe the future wont be as "chav" infestered.

hmmm this isnt a pleasant area but you have to keep your head. i mean if you see a group of chavs move on? not fooking rocket science! you have to respect them - i mean by all means me an my ride mate Lanky_Ricky are more than able to take on a couple of thugs but....... they have knives - in some accasions guns i suppose - (some have got nicked for it but i have no exp. with them) so just be carefull if not for yourself but for the 2k of bikes we push round

we know some of them an they are well safe but put them together it will end in tears!!!

so dont f**k with them dont give them looks - if you feel uncomfortable move on

just use your noodle an be safe for gawds sake!!!