***urgent***

Andy Kay

Does the whole wheel stop moving? Or just the cassette?

If its the whole wheel you might have snapped the axel or cracked some bearings or something, take it off and have a look! If its the freehub (the bit the cassette is attached to) then I doubt thats fixable.. time for a new wheel.

yeh ive had that problem i found out that the bearings had dug into the hub and wore the hub down

if you push the wheel backwards does it come loose again?

if it does then i think you need a new wheel like me

trials bikes always break with me i hardly have any problems with my mountain bike!!

hope ive helped

ben

yeh ive had that problem i found out that the bearings had dug into the hub and wore the hub down

if you push the wheel backwards does it come loose again?

if it does then i think you need a new wheel like me

trials bikes always break with me i hardly have any problems with my mountain bike!!

hope ive helped

ben

HAHA

whats so funny >_<

Just the fact that its obvious that your trials bike is going to be broken more than your mountain bike.

i mean look at the things trials bikes take.

and what does your mountain bike take, a trip to town or summit?

sorry if i sound rude and pigheaded or whatever.

i'm in a funny mood.

Just the fact that its obvious that your trials bike is going to be broken more than your mountain bike.

i mean look at the things trials bikes take.

and what does your mountain bike take, a trip to town or summit?

sorry if i sound rude and pigheaded or whatever.

i'm in a funny mood.

Or maby a trip down a mountain alex? :P

Buy a new freehub, if you can satisfy yourself that's what has broken. They can break two ways: either they freewheel in both directions or they're fixed in both directions. It sounds like you're on your way to the second.

You get the freehub off by pulling off the alloy caps, tapping out the axle from the drive side to the non drive side, which also pushes out the non drive side bearing, clamping the short end of a 12mm allen key in a vice and pushing the long end into the non drive side of the hub.

Then, depending on whether your freehub is screw-in or splined you turn it anticlockwise or clockwise respectively. You can tell usually by looking into the non drive side with a torch. If it's a screw in one you can see the end of a very coarse thread, and with the splined one there isn't, as what you unscrew with the splined one is sort of a hollow bolt that the axle goes through but which holds the freehub on.

It's best to leave the tyres on and well inflated while you do this because it's an absolute b*****d to grip it hard enough to do the turning otherwise.

Then you phone Supercycles (among others) and tell them what sort of replacement freehub you want. It'll be about fifteen quid.

If it turns out to be something else, you'll have to weigh up your options.

I have soaked it in turps and it now works fine until i tip it so that the cassette is facing the ceiling it then locks up again then when the cassette is facing the floor again it freewheel's fine