Nitromorse - Any Risks?

Camster911

Ok, basically i am buying a YELLOW ta26 frame that i wanted painting but the guy couldnt get round to it , so im kinda' left.

I've grown towards the yellowyness abit more now and cant decide weather to nitromorse it or not :( i wanted black.

but i dont have a clue on spraying , knowing me it will all run and be cr*p.

are they any risks in nitromorsing something?

and how hard is spraying?

Edited by Camster911

I've just Nitromorsed my Base TA26 frame.

Reading the small print on the back of the can, there are some links between the contents and cancer. It advises not to get on your skin or breathe it in. If you don't wear gloves then you will get some on your hands and it stings! If it's that potent at getting paint off, just think what it's doing to your skin!

Definately find some gloves, and use it outdoors if possible so fumes are lost.

In terms of getting paint and stickers off, it's a breeze! Very satisfying when it all falls off. My Base frame was brushed Alu with laquer over the top, and the Niromors has a rather cool effect on the laquer: It goes from shiny and smooth to crinkly within seconds.

Here are some photos:

IPB Image

^ I need some replacement FBM Bunny Stickers now :)

IPB Image

^ I got one of the very first batch of 2004 Bases when they first came out. There was one headtube sticker under the laquer with Engrish on it, and another stuck to cover it on the top of the laquer!

IPB Image

IPB Image

^ The final result which I very chuffed with.

Here's a teaser: I haven't quite finished it yet, but notice anything different about the bike build?

Steve

24" wheels by any chance? :D Looks rather cool actually (Y)

^ That's hit the nail on the head :) The frame was so shiney after the laquer had been removed! Although it will go dull in time I think. I could try spraying some laquer over the top to protect it at some point.

Gonna go to rear disc then Steve, or were you just time-wasting :P

That top-tube sticker looks pretty awesome though...

^ I haven't given up hope of running a rim brake on it via an adapter. If my adapter idea works then I'll run a Vee on the rear because the adapter is a little simpler for this than one for a Magura.

someones replaced your functional rear mech with a crappy(but oh so trendy) fixed trensioner!! :P

only joking steve. love it really.

:lol: