Spokes , How To Put On Rim , Hub!

Or go to SheldonBrown.com and use their wheel-building guide. Be prepared to spend 2 hours or more doing it if it's your first one. Just take your time, and do it exactly how it says in that guide. Wheels aren't some black art - they're pretty simple to work out how they work, so just take your time and do it right (Y)

best thing is get an old wheel, look at the spokes and the way they are setup (this is fairly simple to get the hang of) take the wheel apart and try rebuild it, would be worth having another wheel handy to relate to. Its simple to lace them up when you know how (if it is a basic 3 cross pattern) but explaining it aint the easiest thing.

Like someone said further up, get a manuel and follow it step by step, after a couple of gos you will be able to do it no worries, then you gorra master the art of trueing and getting rid of eggs, thats the pain in the a55 part

Frooty

best thing is get an old wheel, look at the spokes and the way they are setup (this is fairly simple to get the hang of) take the wheel apart and try rebuild it, would be worth having another wheel handy to relate to. Its simple to lace them up when you know how (if it is a basic 3 cross pattern) but explaining it aint the easiest thing.

Like someone said further up, get a manuel and follow it step by step, after a couple of gos you will be able to do it no worries, then you gorra master the art of trueing and getting rid of eggs, thats the pain in the a55 part

Frooty

try that dave.

rob...

I'll do it for free, so long as you pay the postage to send them back.

...also, the spokes will probably be completely in the wrong order, and there's no guarente that the rim will be true. In fact i guarente that it won't be stright. There might be a few teethmarks here and there, and some spokes may be bent 90 degrees.

But it's free.

On a serial note though, unless your prepared to teach yourself how to do it, which takes some effort, and buy all the proper tools, let someone else do it - like 'The Tart'.

I'd definitely say take her to a shop and watch them do it, so that you can do it next time.

:blink:

Don't know what your LBS is like but mine's not really the sort of place I want to be hanging around for an hour watching over someones shoulder while they work. and besides he wants to learn himself and watching someone do it rarely teaches the observer....

So for 3 x use this

and for 4 x use this

3x and 4x refer to the lacing of the wheel. 4x is stronger but is a bit trickier to build (i found anyway). Most people use 3x because its strong enough and the shorter spokes make all the difference in weight :shifty::lol:

I suggest using the sheldon brown one (3x lace) because its easier and suitable for trials. If you have any problems ill help you cos im in a generous mood :)