Freewheel

Fvil

is it worth the money getting:

the white industrie eno freewheel, which gives 73clicks(i think)

or

the tensile freewheel, which gives 60clicks

any one know the differents

any review on it

????

thankyou

hello there i have a tensile freewheel got is on today and it is really good to ride yer it as got 60 clicks for £35, but the eno has 72 for around £80. The eno is very good to may mate has one and it just kicks you up on to the rear so easy but so does the tensile.

I would say get the tensile it is cheaper and only has 12 clicks less then the eno so you save money.

Hope this helps you

I have an eno they sound nice fell nice there sealed and have 72 engagement points.

eno

- The best quality freewheel on the market and the only one designed with trials riding in mind.

- 72 engagements gives Chris King®-rivalling engagement speeds, un-paralleled in the freewheel market.

- Fully sealed bearing system increases the smooth running life of the freewheel, making it vastly out-live its competitors.

- Deep 36t ratchet gives excellent strength and durability.

- Two sets of 3 pawls engage at a time to give an engagement every 5º of rotation.

- Enclosed pawl and spring pivots mean they cannot come out of place and foul the engagement of the mechanism.

- Individually active pawl springs (more accurate and reliable engagement).

- High quality case-hardened and then plated steel for ultimate durability and strength.

- All parts available separately, so this is a completely re-buildable freewheel. Should any part break, it can be fixed!

- Available in 18t only.

- 199g.

- All spare parts can also be bought.

Costs £85 at tarty bikes.

IPB Image

Tensile freewheel

- Engagement is taken care of by three sets of two pawls, and these engage into a hardened chromoly 20 tooth ratchet (similar to an ACS Claws) to give 60 clicks.

- Two sets of ball bearings keep the freewheel running smooth, and help to eliminate flex which can cause skipping.

- Fully user serviceable, with all parts to be available separately in the near future.

- The freewheel can be removed with a Shimano bottom bracket too. This allows it to be slimmer, meaning more clearance over your BB shell, and thus a shorter, stronger bottom bracket axle can be used.

- The lockring is a right hand thread on the 'Front' version, ensuring it does not self-loosen, a common problem found on most freewheels designed for rear use.

- Full hardened cromoly construction with nickel plating for maximum durability.

- Weight: 181g

Costs £35 at tarty bikes.

IPB Image

The eno has 12 more engagement points than the tensile. Also on the eno you can replace every part of it. In my opinion i would go for the en I know it's over double the price of the tensile but it is well worth the money.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks

Matt :)

Hi,

I think it depends on which set up your running, because tensile freewheels at the moment are for the front only.

But i have heard very good reviews on both so if your running front freewheel you have the option of getting a tensile or if your running rear you could get a Eno (Y).

Hope i have help.

Charlie

Personally i would get a Tensile freewheel over ENO ... my mate has a ENO and it's good but does tend to skip quite often but thats only when he runs it dry with no lube in but when he lubes it all up again it's fine, i would rather pay £35 for a Tensile freewheel than pay £85 for a ENO when there both the same really it's just the ENO has 72ep's and the Tensile has 60ep's but the extra 12ep's your not going to really notice them.

Tensile freewheel is good from what i've heard and just as good as the ENo but they havent been out long enough yet so we don't know how good they really are but from what i've heard up to now there good.

You can forget about the EP, becuase there're so similar, it dosn't make a difference. The ENO is the better freewheel. But for the money you save, the tensile would seem like a better option.

Eno has advantages such as more clicks than tensile and sealed bearings but for the price i would rather buy the tensile, For the price of an Eno you could get two tensiles lasting you twice as long...If you get my point... (Y)

Why not wait and see what price the Try-All Freewheel is released at over here? The thread in the News section said something like £50 and I think it was 103ep's on three sets of three pawls?? I forget.

But out of these two, when I build a long bike I plan to use the Tensile front freewheel. As JT said, 12ep's difference is too little to quarel about and the price difference makes it a one-horse race in my eyes. Although, I really don't know shit about freewheels so don't take too much notice of me.

Get the Tensile freewheel and save yourself some money, because some people have said they can't really telkl the difference from 72 clicks to 60 anyways. Plus I heard klater on you can also buy parts for the freewheel like the ENO so you can fix it. Plus BB tool to take it off!

Get the Tensile freewheel and save yourself some money, because some people have said they can't really telkl the difference from 72 clicks to 60 anyways. Plus I heard klater on you can also buy parts for the freewheel like the ENO so you can fix it. Plus BB tool to take it off!

I went from my Eno to the proto Tensile, and you're right. The driveshell stability and the engagement feels pretty much identical. However, the Eno's by far easier to service, has a thicker driveshell, has sealed bearings so it's driveshell will resist 'egging' more than the Tensile 'cos it's held in place better (thickness helps here too), and you've got 2 sets of 3 with the Eno rather than 3 sets of 2. Gains on the stronger engagement by having an extra pawl, but loses 'cos you have more ratchet grooves on the driveshell. Saying that, the Enos are still pretty deep anyway so it should be fine...

Basically, the Eno's actually got pretty good value for money. For the price you pay, you get an awesome product. The same is true with the Tensile. If you can afford an Eno, go for it. The re-sale price will be greater too, as they'll hold their value better than a Tensile will.

Your call though :)

EDIT: Forgot the dirt seal on the Eno - stops water and crap from getting into the pawls easily, so that's a slight advantage over the Tensile...

Hey Jack,

It might be worth your while to strip it and clean it if it's over a few weeks old and you haven't done it yet. The Eno's got sealed bearings, and the excess grease oozes out of them and onto the pawls. This quietens the freewheel down, and means the springs have to work harder to push the pawls back out which can result in skips.

This thread I wrote should help you out though :)

Mark