Got Bounce? The Importance Of Foot Position

I've always ridden like that. Before I rode trials, or before I even knew what it was I rode with my feet like that. Having the pedal in the centre of my foot just felt.....wrong? Stupid? Having the balls of my feet on the pedals, not the middle of my feet, was just second nature to me. I can't even ride with the pedal in the centre of my foot, let alone do any trials maneuvers. Thats really, really strange how many people ride with their feet centred rather than the balls of their feet.

I'm the same.. i don't know how people don't just do it naturally. Its like telling someone how to walk properly :S

I just watched my video and me and tom definitely do ride with the pedals in the centre on our feet, weird.

this is really quite gay, just when I was starting trials about 2 1/2 years ago my dad asked "why don't you put your ball of your foot on the pedal, you will get a lot more power" so I said "well this position is compforatable, its not like it matters"

apparently I was wrong lol.

Hey..

I ride with my pedals right in the centre of my feet and I'v tried riding with my toes more on the pedal and i don't feel confident i feel as though when i land im going to slip off the pedals, but if it has improved on everybody else i will keep trying and try to get used to it :)

Good Topic (Y)

Cheers Jack!

Hey..

I ride with my pedals right in the centre of my feet and I'v tried riding with my toes more on the pedal and i don't feel confident i feel as though when i land im going to slip off the pedals, but if it has improved on everybody else i will keep trying and try to get used to it :)

Good Topic (Y)

Cheers Jack!

:blink: jack? whos jack? or do you mean J-KAY? :D

i ride with my feet in the middle but if i do change i do notice the difference although i dont feel as confident! also riding with your toes on the pedals tightens your tendons in the back of your leg so remember to stretch them to save any pullages or tears. But yes this does work! :D

Thanks

Ian

Or, you bare the pain, and you shins become indestructable. I have slipped of my pedal sooo much trying this pedal position. But it seriosuly makes a difference! I can gap further, hop for longer. It does work..

Just wear shin pads, if your scared of hurting your shins...

if your scared of hurting your chins!!!! lol i would hate to cut mine open properly. What does it actually feel like??

Ian

A pin slicing your flesh open, goes all numb cause you have just twated a bone.

Make the gash talk, thats always fun

i dont see how you can slip and smash your shins, if your toes are on the pedal then it will but if the BALLS of your feet are on top of the axle of the pedal then you shouldn't slip unless you have slippery pedals. best pedals are the ones with pins like V8's or VP's (Y)

John K

i dont see how you can slip and smash your shins, if your toes are on the pedal then it will but if the BALLS of your feet are on top of the axle of the pedal then you shouldn't slip unless you have slippery pedals. best pedals are the ones with pins like V8's or VP's (Y)

John K

you can easily slip when your feet are anywhere, like if you land to hard then the shock can send you legs flying towards the ground, impailing your shin or calf on the pins

I have tried this loads of times. I have my feet near enough in the middle and i feel fine and my riding is not shit by any means, I have tried moving my foot back but i think that unless you have done it all your life then it feels odd and every time i drop off something i completly F**K my ankle in.

I think that it does matter where you put your feet its just the ability of the rider.

Brett......

I practiced this today.

Heels on pedal - feels weird, but I could still backwheel a small ledge.

Middle of sole (How I usualy have it) - Felt 'normal' was easier than before.

Front - Didn't feel a lot of differnce, but there was a difference there.

Gotta wear new holes in my soles now. :closedeyes::turned:

but validate that kid.

Yeah he did post useful topic which was...

copy and pasted

...but if you look at the rest of his posts in the thred, it looks like he's just trying to make sure people didn't forget who started this 'wonderful amazing topic'.

Anyway, as for the foot postion, i've thought about it, our pedals are curved to take the ball of our feet, but what happens when you land a big drop a bit rough, if you have your foot further back on the pedals, does that mean there's more leverage in your foot to f**k your calf muscles up?

That said though, i'll try and force myself to ride this way from now on.