How Many Fingers Do You Use On Your Brake Lever And What's The Dif

gately169

how many fingers do you use on your brake lever and what's the difference between mod's 20" etc etc.

I'm new to this forum and tend to ride on my own, my mates don't see what is so good about hoping onto stuff, so don't really no what everyone else is riding bike wise etc etc.

if i use my two fingers on the lever it to powerfull and i then don't have enough grip on the bar for jumping. if i use one finger for braking i have enough grip but not enough braking power.

i have a onza T-raptor with HS-33's.

can anyone help?

cheers (Y)

1 finger

I position my lever a long way from the grips so i'm getting maximum leverage cos im pulling right on the end.

make sure the brake is set up properly (do a search, youll find something on here) and if you're not happy then start thinking about better pads - the standard black / red maggie ones aren't great - i like plazmatic CRM but theres loads of good ones.

After that you can start thinking about tar or grinds to get you some extra lock but i'd suggest getting the brake working as well as you can on a clean smooth rim first

Using two fingers on the brake levers, once starting, is perfectly fine. But when you start to do bigger things you will need more grip on the handlebars, which is why most people use only one finger. (Y)

There are a few anomolies to this concept though. As there are people that just prefer using two fingers, instead of one. But, again, i use one braking finger! :D

Danny.

Use two for now then you will get better and start using one. (Y):)

And kill your tpa :( Try to use one finger, and like the other lad have said about putting your lever further away that helps too :)

one finger, there are riders who use two thoug, joe oakleys a awesome rider and he uses two so its whichever you prefer really, mod = 20" bmx without a seat bike 24" is a streety style bike with 24" wheels (including onza zoot) and 26" are the mountain bike sized bikes

Im on a raptor and i use one...it took a lil while to stop using two, because i was used to that, but with practice and a lot of shouting from tom tom to use one finger i use one :blink: he shouted at me...

I find i get enough brake power, you got a grind or tar? no? get a grind, i did, i've got koxx reds + medium grind

There is no set way to ride mate, Do what u think feels most Comfortable, if u think 2 works do two, however i would advices u to use one as u can get maximum grip on the bars at the same time as using the brake. but at the end of the day its all down to what u like best! good luck (Y)

i use 1 and haz my lever about two finger space down the bar but when i use 1 finger i tend to get cramp in my hand and falloff does enyone get this and how can i stop it

my mate uses 2 fingers though and he says he gets more power out of the brake

but you should use whatever feels right for you bechouse only you now how you ride and how you like to ride

brendan

:thumbsup: