Maguras

Tom_

In the short run it will be, however over time you will save money by buying the kit and practising yourself, I myself did this after going to the bike shop several times where they charged me £15. So I payed £20 for the bleeding kit and have saved around £50 in the last year (I snap my hose quite often)

Edited by unicycle boy

Just get a syringe from mjcycles with the hosing and stuff and buy a bottle of magura blood, One small bottle will do two /3 bleed's if your completly flushing the system, just topping up it would last for ages, the brakes don't hold much oil really.

When i first got my 33s i found that the hose was realy long this is because you can use ither break on any side of the bars for weather you like front on right on front on left its up to you.

All i did was unscrew the hose from the lever cut the hose put a new niple on (the little brass bit) and scwed it all back to gether dident bother bleeding it and it was fine. You could always bleed with water this is what im running at the moment dosent need a bleeding kit to do it syring would help.

Joe

All i did was unscrew the hose from the lever cut the hose put a new niple on (the little brass bit) and scwed it all back to gether dident bother bleeding it and it was fine. You could always bleed with water this is what im running at the moment dosent need a bleeding kit to do it syring would help.

Joe

thats what i did it works perfect no need to re bleed it again :D .

cheers jamie

evryone who sed that they unscrewed it, cut it and put it back on. did you not end up with lots of air in the system? :huh:

cheers for the help

tom

Edited by tom132

You don't have to bleed the brake if you take that hose off and cut it. Wind the TPA out (so the lever pulls further (Y)), undo the bolt by the cylinder, cut it down, attach new olive at the end, re-attach cable. Simple as that. The fluid won't come out 'cos it'd be creating a vacuum behind it in the hosing if it did move, so you're good to go (Y) Just don't flick the hose or whatever, or you may flick some out the end - just be gentle ;)

right i am going to look like an idiot but wich bits the cylinder is it the piston pushed into the lever body when the lever is pulled? :$

cheers (Y)

Edited by tom132

if your going to cut the hose down and do it like onzaboymark said, do it like that then, if you want to bleed it you can bleed it in the bath by undoing the little grub screw next to the lever and the bolt on the cyclinder and then just pumping the lever under water. and replace the bolts under water and its bled. other wise buy a bleed kit from heatsink bikes for £7 and using search learn how to use it.