26" Street Frame

mehukatti

I would like to get a 26" street trials frame w/ proper seat. However, it seems that they are largely becoming extinct.

-planet x zebdi -- can't find any second-hand

-megamo steel -- koxx uk may have some, but the frames are a bit outdated (and koxx uk isn't very responsive or active)

-megamo radical -- can't find any new or second-hand

- iolo -- tried this one, and even sold my old frame, but iolo cancelled my order and is returning my money and forks

- curtis t26 -- this would be one of the nicest options, but a bit too expensive

- norco moment -- availability sucks and the geometry is shit with rigid fork

- pashley 26ghz -- only miniseat

- echo pure -- would be nice can't find any new or second-hand

- yaabaa mururoa -- ugly color and a bit outdated geo even for street trials frame

Any suggestions or other frames that come to mind? And btw, I live in Finland so it's a bit tricky buying from individuals abroad. Or maybe I should just accept that 26" street is dead and switch to either BMX or continue riding trials with a modern bike? :rolleyes:

Out of what you've listed i would say the Planet-X Zedbi, Curtis T26 and Echo Pure are the best frames. But for you these may be hard to come by, and i cannot think of many other streety frames with seats. There's always Leeson were, like Iolobikes, you can get a frame built to your own geometry.

I hope i've helped :)

Just so you know, I phoned Fred earlier this evening and he said the only Megamos he has left have really wide rear dropouts, so much so you need to get a tandem hub!!! Damn Megamo playing with silly ideas - no wonder he hasn't sold them all.

As for other alternatives I have no idea, i'm in the same boat as you trying to find something to replace my Brisa and am seriously considering going 24" instead. It seems crazy to me that no-one is making 26" trials bikes with seats and sensible geometry - even Ashton had a rant about the same thing in this months MBUK stating the true art of trials is the ability to do the seemingly impossible on a near standard bit of kit (quite how he then justifies his design I have no idea, I guess it's close enough to sensible for his liking and has many rave reports).

Daniel

Why's Iolo returning your money?

Technical problems, enlarging his workshop and buying new equipment is what he said. Fair enough, but only if I hadn't sold my old frame (Coustellier), as I have been out of trials bike for something like a month now.

Thanks to djb for clearing out the Megamo situation!

Another vote for the Ashton here. They're really nice frames from the quick tries I've had - Not too long for streety stuff but also capable on the bigger stuff and natural. Plus they're readily available. I'd have one if I rode 26" for sure (Y)

P.S. You don't need a seat to be street. That rhymes, it must be true ;)

Tomm is a Hom rhymes too though :-:-

tart sells pure frames doesn't he? there are tons of sebbers on eBay too, check the FS section

Wtf is a hom? Besides, that rhyme is already taken care of with "Tom is da bomb", and you can't have two rhymes now can you?

[/spam]

P.S. Clive Leeson will do a 26" with a proper seat tube if you wish, someone on here has one. So that's worth thinking about (Y)

Well 26in street is dying, however 24in is coming to life so get a 24in!! or infact, you mentioned simply getting a modern bike, well the good old ashton which everybody bums is both streety and modern as you called it.

Ollie

haha, thats why all the best street riders are still 26"