Thank You Very Much Tartybikes.....

Prawny Baby

there is NO point in a king front hub AT ALL, its a complete waste of money, and king headsets are SHITE imo, my last one lasted me no time at all......

now your taking the piss because you havnt got them anymore doesnt mean they aint the best witch is the vibe you give off with everything (car for example) the king front hub is lighter than a hope and smoother, and ive run mine for quite a while without a single problem, whereas my old hopes bearing clicked after a few months.

and saying king headsets are shite is compleate and utter bollocks again my old hope lost its smoothness after a few months and my king all 3 infact have remeained 100%sex without a single problem and again the king is lighter and will definatly outlast the hope.

Have you worked out how to run a wide chain in the Rohloff tensioner? Any quick fixes would be gratefully received because I've got a spare one I'd like to ressurect for use with a KMC chain.

can you not run a kmc in your rohloff i do mine its the narrow version whats the problem with running the skinny one its the same as the wide one.

oh and personally i think your bike looks very boring and like all the other gashtons, people moan about uci bikes being the same they aint got shit on the hurd of ashtons about at the mo.

But ben, I've had a £15 Ritchey headset for what must be nearly a year and it's as smooth as the day I bought it. Also my front hub (a DT hugi) has lasted probably two years now, no problems.

I have nothing against whacking kings on bikes, it's nice to have a consistent vibe to a bike.. But to be honest they aren't really neccersary.

P.s. A rear king is though hehe

as for annodised parts, mine are all annodised you tit! just in black or silver! as its far more classy and subtle than some rancid bike covered in annodised red bits.... you could get a new frame and it might look WANK.

Oi! :P

looking good though nick. Good thinking.

now your taking the piss because you havnt got them anymore doesnt mean they aint the best witch is the vibe you give off with everything (car for example) the king front hub is lighter than a hope and smoother, and ive run mine for quite a while without a single problem, whereas my old hopes bearing clicked after a few months.

and saying king headsets are shite is compleate and utter bollocks again my old hope lost its smoothness after a few months and my king all 3 infact have remeained 100%sex without a single problem and again the king is lighter and will definatly outlast the hope.

come on ben, thats a bit harsh!

everyone knows that when you start doing a lot of front wheel moves, king headsets just arnt up to the job, and the top race destroys itself in a matter of months....

you, being thin, may not have had this trouble, but i know mine fell apart in months, as did tartys, and if it wasnt an issue, why would edd potts currently be working a way around them destroying themselves?

its a fact, king headsets arnt up to it.

and its nothing to do with me not having the stuff anymore! i REALLY dont see ANY point in a king front hub, its sodd all weight difference, and my last hope front hub served me 4 years without a single problem.... as far as im concerned, king front hubs are a waste of money, and ive never had one¬!

i could have had WHATEVER i liked on this bike, as money was literally no object. i chose these bits because i think they are THE best parts money can buy for what i want and my style of riding....

so dont say its just because i havnt got things anymore that i slate them. if i had something, and now dont, its because it was shit. end of.

and whats the car comment all about?

ive never changed my veiws on cars really.....

ive always said that NOTHING will ever beat a mini for straight out fun, and thats a view i stick by.

ive always said that if you want a straight out track car, then turbos are cheating, and only for people who dont want to spend money on tunning a proper engine.

ive always admited that i have a bit of a love for VAG cars as well as minis, seeing as my parents both drive VAG cars.

and im certainly not about to turn around and say i prefer my audi A3 to my mini. as much as i love what tha udi stands for, it doesnt even go half way to replacing the mini, which was, quite frankly, the most amazing car to drive ive ever been in!

dont start having a go at me because i see no point in king fornt hubs and headsets....

to me way of thinking, they serve no place in trials, and are just a fashion statement.

dont start having a go at me because i see no point in king fornt hubs and headsets....

to me way of thinking, they serve no place in trials, and are just a fashion statement.

:huh: they have a 10 year warrenty.. why didnt you bother to use it?

I think you'll probably find that it doesn't cover trials. :(

...and you'd be silly enough to tell mr.king that you was doing a 10ft drop to front wheel, thats why the bearings got crushed. You could try not telling them how you killed it? :S

what would be the point when it would fall apart again in 3 months time? id rather have a decent headsetwith a decent warranty i wont ever need!

Since when have any parts been indestructable?

ginger ninja.....

Edited by Spacemunkee

...and you'd be silly enough to tell mr.king that you was doing a 10ft drop to front wheel, thats why the bearings got crushed. You could try not telling them how you killed it? :S

And I suppose you would be immoral enough to lie :angry: , if only by omission, also do you honestly think they won't know that it's been abused from the fact the bearings have blown up? :-

And I suppose you would be immoral enough to lie :angry: , if only by omission, also do you honestly think they won't know that it's been abused from the fact the bearings have blown up? :-

Yes I would be immoral enough to lie, they would of made enough money from you to make another 5 headsets and seeing as I'd have to work a week to afford to replace it. why not use your melon and play the game that everyone else does? They can't exactly prove that you done a 10ft drop to front wheel.