Ta26 On The Way...options With A Dx32?...

bEavoLa

ok - to make this very short and simple:

1 - i'm having a TA26 frameset/fork/cranks etc sent over from the UK by a friend (in about 2months)

2 - there will be no wheels with the bike

3 - i've already bought a front wheel

4 - i want to get a rear wheel BEFORE the frame turns up, so i can ride it pretty much straight out of the box

5 - i understand that most people run a Mavic D521/EX721 at the rear, but i want something wider

6 - Onza Ronnies have been suggested (at 37mm wide)

7 - would an AlexRims DX32 (at 39mm wide) work though, with Zoo pads?

anyone who knows anyone with a Base TA26 (and i know i've asked the question about rear wheels before), could you let me know if a 39mm rear rim will fit in the frame when used with a HS33, Zoo pads and the new style of Evo II mount (i.e. THIS:)

IPB Image

with both rear and front boosters

thanks guys

I think it depends what year the TA26 is. Mine looks a bit older and I couldn't run a Ronnie + Avid SD7 on it, so I swapped said Ronnie for a Sun Rhyno Lite, which fits fine. I could *just* fit a HS33 with black pads and old Evo mounts on it when I had the Ronnie, but it was suspect and very difficult to line up (resulted in uneven wear on said pads). I'd reccomend going with something a little thinner to give you room for adjustment.

Edited by Jez

There was someone on here that ran a koxx rim. My ronnie fits fine with plenty of adjustment with my heatsink pads.

Same thing for me too dude (Y) you'll manage like 42mm with loads of room for setting the brake up and you might manage a 48mm rim with a bit of a squeeze, it has been done though.

the TA26 is the newer style - here's a pic of it as it stands now:

IPB Image

but i'm not getting the stem/bars/wheels/front brake

someone seriously fitted a Koxx rim in there? 47mm is a BIT much, but as long as i can get a 39mm in there without any/many problems then i'm laughing kitbags!

cheers guys

Can i ask why you wanted a wider rim? I know you wanted a wider rim but would you sacfafice strength over width. It is a known fact that Mavic are the best wheel producers, and when i changed to a wider rim it made my bike look bad ass. But the only difference was that the wider rim dented and i found myself every 5mins looking at my rim thinking, "shit is it f**ked". I would personally buy a d521 as in the picutre. And if more people had frames which could fit a D521 i highly believe many of them would go back to one. :angel: It was designed, built, and dispatched straight from gods of an ancient time, long ago, in a far away land, it is the D521 :angel:

Be wise by a 521. If not good luck.

Can i ask why you wanted a wider rim? I know you wanted a wider rim but would you sacfafice strength over width. It is a known fact that Mavic are the best wheel producers, and when i changed to a wider rim it made my bike look bad ass. But the only difference was that the wider rim dented and i found myself every 5mins looking at my rim thinking, "shit is it f**ked". I would personally buy a d521 as in the picutre. And if more people had frames which could fit a D521 i highly believe many of them would go back to one. :angel: It was designed, built, and dispatched straight from gods of an ancient time, long ago, in a far away land, it is the D521 :angel:

Be wise by a 521. If not good luck.

Oh you Dx32's are good aswell! you'll get a DX32 in easily (Y)

get a peice of wood, 48mm wide and see if it fits ok, with the maggie and pads in. saves buying the rim to find it dus'nt fit (Y)

Funnily enough, I believe that 2x2" timber is actually 48mm x 48mm these days (we have a workshop at work)...so finding a piece should be a piece of piss...

get a peice of wood, 48mm wide and see if it fits ok, with the maggie and pads in. saves buying the rim to find it dus'nt fit (Y)

thing is - i'm trying to get the rim BEFORE the frame so that i can fit it and ride! i don't wanna be waiting X weeks for delivery of a rim after i get this bike!

i've managed to get hold of a Halo Combat multi rim, which will be the first rim on this bike.

if that doesn't work out, i'll be swapping it for the Sun BigMammothFat that's on my DH rig.

so - black Halo Combat on DMR Revolver s/s hub with black DT Swiss, wrapped with a Nokian DH innertube and a Maxxis Minion DHR SuperTacky 2.5"

i'm looking forward to it! :)

i've managed to get hold of a Halo Combat multi rim, which will be the first rim on this bike.

if that doesn't work out, i'll be swapping it for the Sun BigMammothFat that's on my DH rig.

so - black Halo Combat on DMR Revolver s/s hub with black DT Swiss, wrapped with a Nokian DH innertube and a Maxxis Minion DHR SuperTacky 2.5"

i'm looking forward to it! :)

not a huge fan off the halos. dent soooo easily. was only running the rear one for about a week and managed to dent it. got rid of that sharpish! although in their defense i still use one on the front and it has never buckled.