Car Insurance

yoyoyo

www.confused.com

Have to fill out like 1000 Forms but its worth it. Did it for my dad and he got it £150 Cheaper than anywhere else. Kept all his no claims, Curtase car etc etc.

Definite;y worth a go, but don't put in your correct phone number unless you want loads of phone calls from insurance companies trying to get your business.

i found thconfused shite, however once i tried insure supermarket and got a quote for £1300 :(

now i cant find the site i got the quote off which is to say the least a shame.

also maybe mentiion pass plus to them as sometimes can get you up to 40 % off

can any one explain why ive just got a much higher quote from tescos than my previous quote?

ive tried direct line, they wouldnt do mods till 25

same story with pru

liverpool vic quoting high and tescos were extortinate :(

yeah hatchback, havent had any ncb due to not going for the moped craze thank god, done nothing to the engine or body, and leave it on the drive in a nice enoguh area ic ant understand why my quotes are getting higher and higher :(

Sorry to bring this back but how are people applying for their insurance? Are you saying it's your car and you're the only driver, etc? Or do you have like your mum or dad as main owner/driver and all that, but then yourself as an additional driver?

I get insane quotes when I do the former. When I have a parent as the main driver, I get cheap quotes but I'm not sure if it'll still be valid 'cos they aren't really the main drivers at all - it's all me.

Insurance is such a nightmare.

I get insane quotes when I do the former. When I have a parent as the main driver, I get cheap quotes but I'm not sure if it'll still be valid 'cos they aren't really the main drivers at all - it's all me.

Just dont tell them that! Say that your mum or whoever will be driving it more (Y)

Sorry to bring this back but how are people applying for their insurance? Are you saying it's your car and you're the only driver, etc? Or do you have like your mum or dad as main owner/driver and all that, but then yourself as an additional driver?

The main reason we used to see little kiddies driving pretty rapid cars is due to that fact, people get their parents to insure the car in their name and then get themselves put on as a named driver. This was all well and good until said kids starting crashing a lot. The insurance companies had a big up roar about what was going on and sky rocketed the insurance whenever theres a person under 21 in any form of fast car.

This then lead to where we are today... small companies seeing a open neiche (nieche?) in the market and are allowing people to stick their kids on as named drivers and also build up their own no claims bonus. I have even seen a random company on a car forum i was on offering the chance to transfer your parents no claims.. on to their childrens licences. Does this just show how completely retarded this country has gone? there is absalutely no sense in the way insurance works over here at all.

I have my own car paid fully as myself being the owner, also my insurance exactly the same. I currently pay £900 + £1500 excess (with 1 year no claims... before that it was 1700 + 1500 premium.. scarey money). Where is the logic in this? I own the car.. i pay for the insurance and i get kiddie raped... as if im going to drive like a complete wank stain in tesco's car park at 3 in the morning, hitting a few bollards as i go around. Yet many people seem to get away with this... ill never understand.. ah well :(

My mate was looking in to getting an old golf.. and after getting his insurance quote found out the insurance would be 4 times the amount the car was actually worth. Worth while? i think not. But it begs the question as to why expensive cars have higher insurance when they are 100 times more safe to drive (air bags, side air bags, ABS, power steering etc..) than some of the shit that is being driven around where i live. It seems that you get punished for the problems that other unsafe drivers have caused. At the end of the day.. id recommend getting something in your own name when it comes to insurance, no matter how crappy the car you need to build up your no claims early on so you get a chance to get something half decent by the time your 21.

Edited by Spacemunkee

Always always ALWAYS get your own insurance. Otherwise you will regret it I promise.

Im 19, Liverpool (read BAD) postcode, 1.8 mk1 mx5 and im paying £1500 tpft :( I want a nice car, so I put up with it.

Who let you put £1500 excess? Id like to try a quote with that

Always always ALWAYS get your own insurance. Otherwise you will regret it I promise.

gotta agree with john, its always better to get your own insurance in the long run, otherwise you will still be stuck in a 1.1 saxo aged 22, and thats not funny. (no offense to the 22yr old saxo driving sect of TF)

im 19, with 1 years no claims bonus, 1 crash at fault which cost my last insurer around £2000, and i pay £130 a month on a ten month bonus accelarator policy on my Audi A3 1.8 Turbo. its a lot i know, but its alot of car, and something i can keep a fair while. and it is quicker than most things people our age drive, so im prepared to pay over the odds.

my advice would be, if you DO crash, do whatever it takes to pay for it from your own pocket, because building up an NCB at a young age will seriously effect that cars you can insure by the time you turn 21!

if you managed to get to 21 with a full 4 years no claims bonus, you could quite easily insure an RX7 Twin turbo or such like for less than a 17yr old in a fiesta!

its worth it.

also, as a side note, direct line now offer NCB for named drivers!

norwich union have given me the £1500 excess. I have been told that adrian flux is good so im going to look to switching to them when my renewal comes up. They work on the basis of mods that dont affect bhp dont need to be declared.