Brake Pads That Make The Most Noise!

Egg Fried Rice

I remmeber when i didn't have a pump. Was the biggest annoyance ever. I live up a big hill and the bike shop was at the bottom.

The loudest brake i've ever had would be a old skool Magura trial brake with Monty milk pads on a light grind with Monty brake spray. That was stupidly loud. Louder than tar.

I remmeber where i used to live there was a rider a few doors down. Instead of calling on him i would just ride for 10mins before he would hear my brake and come out. Try it.. Im sure everyone who hears the brake noise looks to see if there is another rider round the corner on the wall you just rode. (Y)

nah mike you have it all wrong, you know what my brake sounds like, it's soooooo loud its untrue, coust CnC'd pads on a medium/harsh grind is where it's at for a uber loud brake!

your brake is good, but not for sound. ur grandma is better when i get in there and tear up the place :-

i usually have the loudest brakes known to Man. CRMS. But Remember that squeek is the pads slipping through. But yeh my brake turns heads.

Naa mines louder than yours :shifty: .Ronnie rim plaz pads in alu backings worn grind Tarr.Loud as fuk.

Had to borrow some brake pads because i wrecked my Monty's on my new heavy grind( thanks TB- Levelboss).

My friend Mike (Synergy) gave me a lend of a set of the older type Majic pads.

Holy crap what a noise. Kind of like a banshee screaming, really deafening high pitched screeching.

Loads of bite though.

Ouch.

The loudest brake i've ever had would be a old skool Magura trial brake with Monty milk pads on a light grind with Monty brake spray. That was stupidly loud. Louder than tar.

Agreed.

I had that (but without the grind and spray) on my Monty X-lite a few years back, and by god it was deafening. Those pads were just silly loud, and they weren't the usual 'bark' of trials brakes, more like a SCREEEEEEEEECH that was equivalent to fingernails on a chalk board. Ouch. And those pads never wore, that's what confused me. No wear at all. I bought it with used pads, rode it for a couple of years, sold it with the same pads and there was still no visible wear. Thoroughly weird.

Having said that, Heatsink reds at the end of a long ride on a hot day (that have been muc-off'd in the morning) with a smooth rim come pretty close. Pulled my rear brake in a subway the other day and regretted it. I think everyone within a mile of Spaghetti Junction ducked.

Of course you can cheat by loosening off every bolt on the bike and finding a frame that resonates wildly...

I love noisy brakes when mine's quiet. I love quiet brakes when mine's noisy. The novelty wears off VERY quickly, but when the brake is silent I miss the lovely noise. I feel more confident if my brake honks lots.

i run plaz crm's on a ronnie with a harsh grind, and guess what.....

its really quiet!

brake sounds are more to do with what booster your running than pads IMO.

on my T-rex the brake was always silent no matter what i did, and i hated it, because it didnt inspire confidence at all, then one day i left my XTR booster off after working on the brake, and MY GOD it was loud.

if you want a loud brake, run a shit booster.

Hmm I take back what I said about Heatsink Blue's being quiet, after two days of riding on a fresh grind (very sharp but fairly light) they have really started honking! Probably not the loudest ever, but loud enough to be fairly embarrassing when members of the public glare at you :$

Gareth